Auto Insurance in Cincinnati, OH
Compare, shop and customize quotes from top-rated insurance carriers.
Hello from Cincinnati
While Cincinnati is only the third-largest city in Ohio with a population around 300,000, the greater metropolitan area is the largest in the state. Over 2 million residents move in and around Greater Cincinnati. For much of its history, it has been a place where many people have put down roots and started families. It is home to major professional sports teams in baseball, football and soccer such as the Cincinnati Reds, the Cincinnati Bengals and FC Cincinnati respectively. The University of Cincinnati, one of the country’s largest institutions of higher learning, is also located here. The area is also home to Fortune 500 corporations such as Kroger, Procter & Gamble and General Electric. It’s clear that “Cincy” is a happening place to be.
For those that love classic architecture, you can find several historic buildings considered to be ambitious in both concept and construction. Buildings such as the Music Hall, the Cincinnatian Hotel and the Shillito Department Store helped the city to earn the nickname “Paris of the West” back in the 1800s. A wealth of theaters, music companies and festivals make Cincy a place that people are eager to get to, especially on four wheels. To get here, you can choose from several interstate highways. Before you get your engine started, here’s what you need to know about having car insurance in Cincinnati.
Coverage in the ‘Nati
First things first. The state of Ohio requires drivers to carry auto insurance. If you own an auto, anyone that drives your car must have car insurance in Cincinnati and throughout the Buckeye State. You’ll be required to show proof of coverage during traffic stops, accident scenes and automotive inspections. This type of insurance policy helps you cover expenses associated with collisions, theft, vandalism and injuries. Even if you live in the most affluent parts of Cincy, you likely don’t carry the money to pay for damages. Failure to carry car insurance in Cincinnati, OH can lead to loss of driving privileges, fines and towing of your car. Moreover, the cost of reinstating your license or vehicle registration can cost up to $650.
When you buy car insurance in Cincinnati, Ohio, you can expect your policy to offer the following coverages:
- Collision: This feature covers you for the cost to repair or replace a vehicle that has been damaged or totaled.
- Comprehensive: Losses not related to a car crash such as theft or vandalism are covered by this benefit.
- Bodily injury: This coverage includes medical payments for injuries to others involved in a car accident, which can include other drivers, passengers, bicyclists and pedestrians. This does not cover personal injuries of the insured or other persons named on the policy.
- Personal injury protection: This feature pays for medical bills, lost wages and funeral costs for you as the insured and anyone else included on your policy for car insurance in Cincinnati, IH.
- Property damage coverage: This benefit addresses damages to property caused in an accident, such as a building and other object.
- Underinsured or uninsured motorist coverage: With so many Cincinnatians around, you may be involved in a collision with another driver who has too little insurance or none at all. This coverage helps protect you from shortfalls in liability insurance with other drivers.
The state of Ohio requires you to carry at least $25,000 for the injury or death of one person, $50,000 for the injury or death of two people and $25,000 for property damage. When shopping for car insurance in Cincinnati, it’s important to buy a policy that not only meets these requirements but is adequate for driving around town.
This information is intended for general informational purposes only and is not intended to constitute legal advice.