Auto Insurance in Lebanon, PA
Compare, shop and customize quotes from top-rated insurance carriers.
Drive Safely In Lebanon
Motorists who drive in Lebanon and elsewhere in southern Pennsylvania need car insurance to offset financial responsibility in the event of collisions. VIU by HUB insurance brokers help Lebanon Valley residents find car insurance policies that meet state requirements or provide additional benefits. Learn more about all of the requirements and options for auto insurance in Lebanon, Pennsylvania that are available through VIU by HUB brokers.
Pennsylvania Car Insurance
Lebanon Valley residents may encounter traffic in and around Lebanon, Harrisburg or Reading. The risk of collisions while taking routes such as U.S. Route 422, Pennsylvania Route 72 and Pennsylvania 897 makes having car insurance that meets all of the state-mandated financial responsibility requirements imperative for every driver. There are three areas in which coverage is required up to specified minimum limits:
- Bodily injury: The state requires drivers to have insurance policies with limits of least $15,000 for bodily injury to one person and up to $30,000 per accident. The best auto insurance policies have higher limits for multi-vehicle collisions.
- Medical benefits: Pennsylvania insurance policies must have a limit of at least $5,000 for medical benefits coverage. Check to make sure auto policies meet this requirement.
- Property damage: Auto insurance in Lebanon PA should have a minimum limit of $5,000 to cover damage to property. Additional coverage can also be helpful in this area.
Options for Complete Coverage
Insurance policies that meet all of the requirements for bodily injury, medical benefits and property damage only provide a base level of coverage. Many drivers prefer to carry more comprehensive auto insurance in Lebanon PA that provides protection in the event of a multi-vehicle collision as well as other additional benefits for drivers. Here are a few options to discuss with a VIU by HUB broker to get an auto policy that fits your driving lifestyle:
- Agreed value coverage: When an insurance broker and car owner set an agreed-upon value at which to insure a vehicle, this is called agreed value coverage. Agreed value policies are ideal for vehicles with substantial aftermarket upgrades or restored classic cars.
- Replacement cost coverage: Replacement cost coverage offsets the cost of replacing a car with an identical model. Late-model vehicles with primarily factory or Original Equipment Manufacturer builds can typically be covered for replacement cost.
- Personal liability policies: A personal umbrella policy increases the named insured individual’s level of protection from legal liability. This policy can be helpful for raising auto insurance liability limits.
- Uninsured and underinsured: A collision caused by a driver who is uninsured or underinsured can end up costing a driver in terms of legal fees or damage that is not covered. This additional coverage provides more complete protection for the insured party.
- Towing and labor costs: The costs of seeking emergency roadside assistance such as jumpstarts, tire changes and towing can add up. This additional coverage can offer peace of mind at moments when a car requires unexpected maintenance.
These are just a few areas in which southern Pennsylvania drivers tend to seek coverage. All of these factors can be relevant in the event of an accident or emergency. Other auto insurance options can be helpful for protecting valuable electronic components or replacing automotive glass as needed. A VIU by HUB insurance broker can help you build a policy that will limit out-of-pocket expenditures for emergency maintenance or in the event of property theft in addition to offsetting liability costs associated with collisions.
This information is intended for general informational purposes only and is not intended to constitute legal advice.
Auto insurance in Pennsylvania by city
Understand risks, minimum state coverage requirements, average costs and other specifics that can impact auto insurance policies and premium rates in your city.
- Allison Park
- Bethel Park
- Blue Bell
- Bryn Mawr
- Drexel Hill
- Fort Washington
- King Of Prussia
- Mount Lebanon
- Newton Square
- Penn Hills
- State College
- Westwood Heights
- Wilkes Barre