Auto Insurance in Westwood Heights, PA
Compare, shop and customize quotes from top-rated insurance carriers.
Westwood Heights, Pennsylvania, (PA) Car Insurance
Drivers on the Lehigh Valley Thruway, Cedar Crest Boulevard and other major routes in South Whitehall Township need liability coverage. A VIU by HUB broker can recommend car insurance in Westwood Heights, Pennsylvania, (PA) to provide motorists more peace of mind. Find out more about statewide financial responsibility requirements and options for covering a vehicle at agreed or replacement value as well as supplemental coverage for auto glass replacement, electrical equipment and roadside assistance.
Liability Coverage Requirements
The primary purpose of car insurance in Westwood Heights, PA is to cover costs associated with liability for personal injuries and property damage in the event of a collision. Expenses from incidents that occur on the road can add up to thousands of dollars, making coverage important to minimize out-of-pocket costs and legal liability. The state of Pennsylvania mandates that drivers maintain financial responsibility on vehicles. There are three areas in which coverage is required along with minimum limits:
- Bodily injury: Drivers in South Whitehall Township must have at least $15,000 of bodily injury liability coverage per person involved in an accident up to $30,000 of coverage per accident. Many Westwood Heights residents prefer to maintain more coverage in case of multi-car collisions.
- Medical benefits: At least $5,000 in medical benefits coverage is also required for motorists in Westwood Heights and Allentown. Talk to a VIU by HUB broker to raise this limit or get more liability protection in any area.
- Property damage: Another $5,000 in liability coverage is required for property damage caused by drivers. Additional coverage can be beneficial in the event of a major incident.
Custom Policy Options
Drivers shopping for car insurance in Westwood Heights, PA often prefer policies with higher liability limits, agreed or replacement value coverage or additional benefits. The type of policy you choose and options you select can affect policy premiums and deductibles. Here are a few options to discuss with a VIU by HUB insurance broker.
- Agreed value policies: When a vehicle is insured for a set value determined by a broker, insurer and customer, this is agreed value coverage. These policies pay out at a predetermined value and can be ideal for custom or rebuilt vehicles.
- Replacement value policies: Most car insurance policies only cover actual cash value, a calculation that factors in depreciation. Replacement value policies do not account for depreciation and may be more likely to cover the full cost of replacing a totaled vehicle.
- Auto glass coverage: Coverage for replacing a broken windshield or other car windows is also available with car insurance in Westwood Heights, PA. It may be possible to cover window replacement costs without first meeting a deductible.
- Towing and labor coverage: An option can include emergency roadside assistance in the benefits of car insurance. From jump starts to tire changes and tows, obtaining this coverage through an auto policy minimizes unexpected out-of-pocket costs.
- Underinsured and uninsured: Drivers without sufficient insurance or who do not have insurance may cause damage that they cannot replace. Faster claim settlement is possible with coverage that accounts for the risks posed by underinsured motorists.
These are some of the most popular policy options in Westwood Heights, South Whitehall Township and Allentown. Depending on the vehicle you drive and your preferences with regard to paying slightly higher premiums versus unexpected out-of-pocket costs will determine which policy is the best choice for the way you drive.
This information is intended for general informational purposes only and is not intended to constitute legal advice.
Auto insurance in Pennsylvania by city
Understand risks, minimum state coverage requirements, average costs and other specifics that can impact auto insurance policies and premium rates in your city.
- Allison Park
- Bethel Park
- Blue Bell
- Bryn Mawr
- Drexel Hill
- Fort Washington
- King Of Prussia
- Mount Lebanon
- Newton Square
- Penn Hills
- State College
- Wilkes Barre