Home Insurance in Memphis, TN
Compare, shop and customize quotes from top-rated insurance carriers.
Memphis, Tennessee, (TN) Homeowners Need Insurance
Homes in the Memphis, Tennessee, (TN) metro area are valuable investments. Homeowners insurance can reduce the out-of-pocket costs of restoring damage caused to a property by fire, storms, or certain types of water damage. VIU by HUB brokers make it easier for Memphis residents to get coverage based on accurate valuations of homes and other property. Find out more about what home insurance in Memphis covers and about policy options that can enhance your protection from property damage and liability risks.
Perils Covered by Home Insurance
Homeowners insurance is the most cost-effective way to reduce the costs associated with repairing damage to homes in Shelby County. These policies cover a specified range of perils. You should go over the terms of coverage with a VIU by HUB broker to determine whether riders, endorsements or supplementary policies are necessary in addition to home insurance in Memphis, TN. Most policies provide some level of coverage for the following types of damage:
- Fire damage: A minor to moderate fire can cause thousands of dollars of damage, while a large blaze can lead to a total loss. Most homeowners’ insurance covers accidental fires.
- Storm damage: Storms can cause damage that ranges from $200 up to $12,000 or more. Home insurance in Memphis can cover external and internal property damage due to storms.
- Water damage: Home insurance covers some types of water damage. Flooding is excluded from most policies and an additional flood insurance policy is necessary to cover this costly damage.
Build a Custom Risk Protection Package
VIU by HUB insurance brokers can be a useful resource for homeowners in Memphis, TN. These professionals specialize in comparing policies and options and can help customers get the coverage they need easily and quickly and avoid potentially costly gaps. Here are a few coverage options for your home in Shelby County that could be worthwhile to discuss with a VIU by HUB broker:
- Reconstruction costs: The limits of a home insurance policy should be calculated based on a valuation of the property. Most experts recommend that homeowners insure a property at its total value in case a total loss requires that a residence be rebuilt.
- Living expenses: Should your home be rendered uninhabitable; an insurance policy can temporarily cover costs associated with food and lodging. Discuss your coverage needs with a broker.
- Flood insurance: VIU by HUB brokers can help Memphis, TN residents find flood insurance policies. These policies can be helpful in areas that experience flash flooding or inundations from the Missouri River or other bodies of surface water.
- Valuable property: Jewelry, fine art and other high-dollar assets should be insured separately. Home insurance in Memphis typically has low limits for the value of the contents, and additional coverage can help to limit out-of-pocket expenses to restore or replace expensive or rare items or compensate policyholders for the loss of unique articles.
The limits, premiums and deductibles of a policy are based on the value of a home. A valuation that factors in the age, condition and location of a residence is the basis for obtaining property coverage. VIU by HUB brokers can recommend the best policies for residents of Downtown, North or East Memphis, TN and any neighborhood or suburb. In addition to coverage for property damage and loss, you can also ask a broker about ways to increase your level of personal liability protection beyond the coverage that is included in most home insurance.
This information is intended for general informational purposes only and is not intended to constitute legal advice.