Auto Insurance in Grand Junction, CO
Compare, shop and customize quotes from top-rated insurance carriers.
From scenic drives through the Western Slope to daily downtown commutes, living in Grand Junction requires reliable insurance coverage for your vehicle. Work with VIU by HUB to review your car insurance in Grand Junction, CO. Our dedicated team of local brokers will help you identify ways to reduce your premium and improve your coverage.
Required and Optional Features in Colorado
Be sure you’re up to date on the local requirements for driving a car in Colorado. Your car insurance in Grand Junction, CO, must include the following features:
- Property damage liability: Required for Colorado residents, property damage liability covers costs incurred in an accident if you’re at fault. Whether you experience a collision with another vehicle, a building or another object, make sure you’re protected from replacement and repair costs.
- Bodily injury liability: Another required policy feature in Colorado, this protects you against medical bills in the event of an accident in which you’re found to be at fault. Injuries to passengers and other drivers involved in an accident can be extremely high, so work with your VIU by HUB agent to determine the best limit to this coverage.
Your Grand Junction, CO car insurance policy can include the following optional features:
- Uninsured motorist coverage: If you’re not found to be at fault, the other driver’s insurance should cover damages and medical bills. Add this coverage to your car insurance so you can still be covered if the other driver doesn’t have insurance.
- Personal injury protection: Another optional policy feature, this protects your personal medical bills that other policies may not. It’s a useful protection feature to add if you have high medical deductibles.
Your car insurance in Grand Junction, CO, should cover all major costs involved in an auto accident. If you’re uncertain about your coverage or unhappy with your annual premium, find personalize your policy to get what you want out of your insurance.
How You Can Personalize Your Coverage
Other states have more requirements for car insurance, so this leaves you with plenty of flexibility in your car insurance in Grand Junction, CO. Alter your policy to fit your budget, your vehicle and your driving situation with any of these steps:
- Change your deductibles
- Change your limits
- Add comprehensive and collision coverage
Your deductible is the amount you’re expected to pay per incident for your car insurance policy. A low deductible typically comes with a higher annual premium. Increase your deductible to reduce your monthly payments or reduce your deductible to enjoy more comprehensive coverage in the event of an accident.
The limits of your coverage are another area you can personalize. Work with your local VIU by HUB team to determine the best limits for personal protection and liability coverage. There are required minimums for these, but you can increase the limits to prevent paying for costly medical or auto repair bills.
Comprehensive and collision coverage are two options you can add to improve your car insurance security. Collision helps you pay for any damage to your vehicle that occurs while you’re driving. Comprehensive, often adding in tandem with collision, covers any damage when your vehicle is parked. Both policies have their own limits and deductibles you can alter.
This information is intended for general informational purposes only and is not intended to constitute legal advice.