Auto Insurance in Loveland, CO
Compare, shop and customize quotes from top-rated insurance carriers.
Customizing a Loveland, Colorado, (CO) Auto Insurance Policy
With a population of over 75,000 and two cars on average per household, you can see why there might be a lot of cars on the road in Loveland, Colorado, (CO). Whether you travel a lot, commute for work or just run a few errands around town, you need proper protection when you’re on the road. A safe car might do the trick, but even the safest drivers in the safest cars can get in an accident. This is where Loveland auto insurance comes in. With the right policy covering the right risks, you’ll have the compensation you need should an accident happen.
Types of Coverage
While there are all kinds of issues to consider when purchasing a Loveland auto insurance policy, there are some types of coverage that are basic. Colorado is a mandatory auto insurance state, so you must be insured if you plan to drive. Some common types of coverage you might include in your Loveland, CO auto insurance policy include:
- Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist – If you’re hit by someone who flees the scene, or by someone who doesn’t have adequate coverage, uninsured or underinsured motorist coverage steps in to take care of the medical bills. This includes situations in which you’re a pedestrian in an accident.
- Collision – Collision coverage protects you against colliding with an object or another car. It also covers hitting a pothole or rolling the car.
- Bodily Injury Liability – When you’re liable for the injuries of another individual in a car accident, bodily injury liability covers those medical costs.
- Property Damage Liability – When you’re liable for damaging another individual’s property while behind the wheel, property damage liability covers the repairs. This includes hitting a fence, telephone pole, another car, lamp post or anything else.
- Personal Injury Protection – Regardless of who caused the accident, anyone in the insured’s car has a certain amount of coverage with PIP. This covers medical payments, lost wages and sometimes funeral costs.
- Comprehensive – This type of Loveland auto insurance covers damages caused by incidents besides collisions. This could include a falling object, fire, windstorm, flood, vandalism, theft or hitting an animal.
Factors That Affect Premiums
As your needs are discussed relating to Loveland, CO auto insurance, there are some factors that may come up. These factors could affect your insurance premiums, though they may not all apply to your specific situation. The following are some to consider.
- Age – The older you are, the lower your insurance premiums should be. This is because newer, younger drivers are considered riskier, and therefore hold higher premiums.
- Coverage – As was previously mentioned, you have various options for coverage. The more you choose to include, the higher your premiums will be.
- Driving History – If you have a history that includes a lot of accidents or other reckless driving behaviors, chances are your premiums will be higher.
- Vehicle – Sports vehicles are considered higher-risk cars, so you may pay more if you drive a sporty car. If you drive an older sedan or an old beater, your rates might be lower.
- Claims History – Whether you made the claim or had a claim made against you, your claims history could impact your premiums.
- Experience – The more experience you have behind the wheel, the less of a risk you pose, and the less you can expect to pay for Loveland auto insurance.
Affordable Auto Insurance
When it comes to affordable auto insurance, VIU by HUB has the products you’re looking for. We realize it can get expensive to insure one car, and you might own more than one. We look for all the discounts and programs designed to help you save. We’re standing by, ready to put together a policy that works best for your traveling needs.
This information is intended for general informational purposes only and is not intended to constitute legal advice.