Home Insurance in Norwich, CT
Compare, shop and customize quotes from top-rated insurance carriers.
Insure Your Home in Norwich
Owners of homes located in Norwich and New London County should protect these investments. The median home value in Norwich is nearly $200,000 and has increased by more than 21% year over year. Major damage caused by fire, water or storms can undermine the comfort and value of a residence in New London County. Learn more about how VIU by HUB insurance brokers help customers procure home insurance in Norwich, CT that minimizes out-of-pocket costs for repairing damage and rebuilding large or total losses.
Coverage for Costly Perils
Some of the most expensive damage a home can suffer is caused by fire, water, and storms. Learn more about three perils covered under most homeowner’s insurance policies. A VIU by HUB broker can help you find a policy that has appropriate limits in each of the following areas:
- Fire damage: A fire causes damage that can cost a homeowner an average of $12,000 to restore, and a large conflagration can cause a total loss that requires reconstruction. Confirm that you have sufficient coverage for soot and smoke cleanup under home insurance in Norwich CT.
- Water damage: Water damage caused by a burst pipe can also involve considerable costs for water extraction, drying and mold prevention. Most homeowner’s insurance policies cover interior water damage, though the cause and secondary damage that results may be excluded along with damage due to exterior water.
- Storm damage: When a storm damages the exterior or interior of a Norwich home, an insurance claim can reduce out-of-pocket costs. Norwich is subject to thunderstorms and winter storms.
Customize a Policy for Your Home
A home insurance policy in Norwich has premiums, limits and deductibles based on the value of a home and policy options chosen by the owner. Whether you reside in Bean Hill, Chelsea, Greeneville, Norwichtown, Taftville or Yantic, you can protect the value of your residence with home insurance in Norwich CT. Here are a few options you should consider getting the most out of homeowners insurance coverage:
- Valuable possessions: Most homeowners insurance policies have relatively low limits to cover the cost of partial or total losses of contents. Additional coverage for valuables such as art and jewelry can be helpful if these assets suffer damage or get stolen.
- Personal liability: A personal umbrella policy can increase your level of protection from legal liability at home and when you travel. Consult with a VIU by HUB broker about this type of coverage, which can effectively raise the liability limit of a home insurance policy.
- Custom limits: The age, condition, and location of your home in Norwich factor into homeowner’s insurance coverage. A VIU by HUB broker can work with you to make sure that a policy accounts for the value of your home.
- Supplemental coverage: Homeowners in Norwich and New London County may want to obtain an additional flood insurance policy and endorsements and riders for other excluded perils. Ask a VIU by HUB broker about the best way to manage the risk level of your home and other valuable assets.
It is important to maintain home insurance in Norwich CT. If you did not have insurance, it would be necessary to pay the full cost of restoring any damage a residence suffers out of pocket. Damage that is only partially restored can result in secondary damage that is not covered by homeowners’ policies.
This information is intended for general informational purposes only and is not intended to constitute legal advice.