Home Insurance in Skokie, IL
Compare, shop and customize quotes from top-rated insurance carriers.
Insure Your Home in Skokie, Illinois, (IL)
Homeowners insurance is helpful for covering the cost of repairing damage to homes in Skokie and Cook County. The “World’s Largest Village” located to the north of Chicago is a growing community with median home values that are up 15% year over year. VIU by HUB insurance brokers help customers get home insurance in Skokie, Illinois, (IL) that will cover damage caused by fire, water, and storms. Learn more about covered perils and options for more complete coverage.
Perils Covered by Homeowners Insurance
Homes in Skokie have a median value of around $375,000. Homeowners insurance can help you preserve the structural integrity and value of your home and pay less out of pocket in the event of a disaster. Most home insurance policies cover damage caused by fire, some forms of water and storms. Certain hazards, such as flooding, may be cut out or excluded from standard homeowners’ policies. Here are three types of perils that are covered by most home insurance in Skokie IL:
- Fire damage: Fires can cause significant damage. Short of a total loss, the average cost of restoring residential fire damage is around $12,000 and larger fires can cause damages totaling $50,000 or more.
- Water damage: Homeowners insurance covers certain forms of water damage. In general, damage due to pipe breaks, leaks that are not caused by negligence or other internal incidents is covered.
- Storm damage: Your home in Skokie may be prone to damage from storms between the months of April and September or due to winter weather. Home insurance can reduce unexpected expenses for repairing exterior and interior damage caused by adverse weather.
Get More Protection from Risk
Many homeowners in Skokie and the surrounding areas of Chicago, Evanston, Lincolnwood, Niles, Morton Grove, Glenview, and Wilmette seek out additional residential property coverage. Flooding is excluded from most home insurance in Skokie IL but can result in very costly damage to residences. An additional flood policy, coverage for high-dollar assets and supplemental liability coverage can all be useful for Skokie residents:
- Flood insurance: Flooding can occur due to heavy rains and rising surface water levels. Skokie is located about two miles west of Lake Michigan, making additional flood insurance policy a wise investment for some homeowners.
- Fine art: A VIU by HUB broker can help you assess the value of fine art in your home in Skokie. This coverage can protect against the damage or loss of high-dollar or unique items.
- Jewelry and valuables: Home insurance policies typically have limited coverage for contents. Jewelry and other valuable assets can be covered separately.
- Auto insurance: The vehicles you own are also valuable property. VIU by HUB brokers can recommend policies for liability, collision, or comprehensive coverage.
- Personal umbrella: Home insurance in Skokie IL includes some level of liability coverage. A personal umbrella policy provides more comprehensive liability insurance that can raise this limit.
A VIU by HUB insurance broker can help you assess your coverage needs and find policies, endorsements, and riders to protect your home. These needs may vary based on your neighborhood. Ask about the right coverage options for a residence located in the Bronxville, Devonshire, Golf, Highland, Niles Center South or Oakton Park and downtown neighborhoods. Contacting a broker can simplify the process of comparing insurers and building a policy to cover your Cook County residence.
This information is intended for general informational purposes only and is not intended to constitute legal advice.