Home Insurance in Ames, IA
Compare, shop and customize quotes from top-rated insurance carriers.
Insure Your Home in Ames
Home insurance covers the cost of damage to residences in western Story County caused by fires, storms, and some types of water damage. A VIU by HUB broker can help you determine the value of your home, assess risks, and get home insurance in Ames, IA. Find out why homeowners insurance that covers damage ranging from minor incidents to catastrophes is advisable for homes located in Ames. Iowans can customize home insurance and personal policies to obtain more complete coverage.
Why Homeowners Insurance Matters
The home where you reside provides comfort and safety. Homeowners insurance helps you protect residential property against common and costly risks. From fire and water damage to storm damage, a standard policy can reduce the amount you have to pay out-of-pocket to restore and maintain the condition of your house. Here are three reasons you need home insurance in Ames, IA:
- Maintain coverage for perils: Disaster can strike your home in central Iowa without warning. When you have uninterrupted home insurance coverage, you can count on a policy to cover a wide range of covered perils such as fire, storm, and some types of water damage.
- Get more peace of mind: The right level of homeowners insurance coverage helps policyholders reduce the amount of money they must pay out of pocket to restore damage. Unexpected expenses for insured homes are lower than the costs of maintaining uninsured properties.
- Preserve the value of your home: When your home is insured, you can make a claim to cover the costs of damage restoration or reconstruction. Insurers often specify services that will get the job done right and in a timely manner to prevent secondary damage and other issues that could lower property value.
Complete Home Insurance Coverage
Ames residents with home insurance can make claims for damage due to covered perils such as fires, pipe breaks and storms. It is also possible to get coverage for more risks with home insurance in Ames, IA. VIU by HUB insurance brokers may recommend any of the following types of coverage for valuable contents of a home or supplemental liability protection:
- Valuable assets: High-dollar assets in your home such as art or jewelry should be insured independently of a home insurance policy. Check the limit for the contents of an insured home under homeowners’ insurance and obtain additional coverage through a VIU by HUB broker.
- Personal liability: Most home insurance includes some liability coverage. Ask a VIU by HUB insurance broker about ways to raise this limit and get more comprehensive protection under a personal umbrella policy.
- Living expenses: Some home insurance policies specify an amount of coverage for living expenses if a property becomes temporarily uninhabitable. It may be possible to raise limits by paying slightly higher premiums.
- Auto insurance: VIU by HUB brokers can also help Iowans get car insurance that meets or exceeds state liability limits. In addition to liability coverage, you can also get collision or comprehensive auto insurance policies.
These are a few options to consider when getting home insurance Ames, IA. A VIU by HUB broker can determine whether additional coverage is needed for high-dollar, rare or unique items. It is important to factor in the value and risk level of any assets you insure, from your home itself to the contents inside. Liability coverage can also increase your overall peace of mind.
This information is intended for general informational purposes only and is not intended to constitute legal advice.