Home Insurance in Bettendorf, IA
Compare, shop and customize quotes from top-rated insurance carriers.
Protecting Your Bettendorf Home
Bettendorf, Iowa, sits on the banks of the mighty Mississippi River and is the 15th largest city in the state. Though smallest of the Quad Cities, the suburb is growing with the addition of restaurants, hotels, businesses, and master-planned communities. Whether you are new to this area or have been here for a lifetime, protecting your house with home insurance in Bettendorf, IA, is essential.
Bettendorf Has Numerous Flood Zones
Having close access to multiple rivers and creeks is every outdoor enthusiast’s dream. However, as a homeowner, it is important to know that this beauty also creates 15 flooding sources in the city. According to Floodfactor.com, homes along Duck Creek and the Mississippi are among the 14% of properties in Scott County that sit in a Special Flood Hazard Area.
- Homes in the Flood District – If your home is in one of the hazard zones, VIU by HUB has you covered. We provide home insurance in Bettendorf, IA, including flood coverage, protecting your property against damage when the waters overflow their banks. Since most mortgage lenders require you to have additional flood insurance if you live in these designated territories, plan on adding this to your policy if you buy a home near the water.
- Property Outside of Flood Zones – The flood fields change over time as waterways expand and developers build new structures. If you live in an area on the edge of the flood section, you can purchase supplemental flood insurance since Iowa participates in FEMA’s National Flood Insurance Program. Adding this coverage to your home insurance in Bettendorf, IA, means we have your residence protected from all sources of water damage.
Insurance Helps You Weather the Storms
While river flooding doesn’t happen every year, this area is prone to frequent storms, bringing lightning, hail, wind, and tornadoes from spring to autumn. Though the rain keeps the grasses green, this extreme weather poses a risk to your home. Homefacts.com declared Bettendorf as a high-risk area for tornados, with an average of three per year. These intense wind events don’t need to hit your home directly to cause a lot of damage. Flying debris can break windows and put holes in the roof, and widespread damage can leave you without running water or power for an extended period.
In the event of a tornado, we protect your home and your family. As with any disaster that leaves your home uninhabitable, our standard home insurance in Bettendorf, IA offers this protection:
- We pay for your home and outbuilding repair
- We cover the cost of new belongings
- We reimburse you for the cost of temporary housing
- We pay you back for the cost of meals while you’re unable to live in your home
Home Insurance Covers Other Types of Damages
As a homeowner, it’s nice to know that your home insurance policy also covers loss caused by things other than the weather. If your home gets vandalized or broken into, your insurance policy covers the repairs. Not only does our policy pay for the damage to your home, but we also cover the cost to replace any missing or broken belongings. This includes items such as damaged furniture, stolen televisions, and busted locks. These events can feel scary and stressful but rest assured that VIU by HUB has your home and valuables protected.
This information is intended for general informational purposes only and is not intended to constitute legal advice.