Home Insurance in Tigard, OR
Compare, shop and customize quotes from top-rated insurance carriers.
Get Tigard Home Insurance to Protect Your Home
Tigard is home to the renowned Broadway Rose Theatre Company, the Festival of Balloons and Washington Square outdoor shopping mall. It provides ample opportunity for outdoor activities, from walking and biking to golf and archery. Though it’s just a short drive to Portland, residents have everything they need right at their doorsteps. Housing prices are above average for Oregon and trending up at a year-over-year rate of 10%. When you buy a house in this city, you want to protect your investment with the best Tigard home insurance you can get.
Homeowner Risks in Tigard
Tigard residents are hardy, enjoying their surroundings rain or shine. Like the rest of the Pacific Northwest, the city experiences significant rainfall every year — especially in the winter months — creating the potential for flooding and landslides. Other natural hazards in the area include wildfires and earthquakes. Homeowners also face risks common to anyone who owns a house. When you begin shopping for Tigard, OR home insurance, consider the following risks:
- Flood damage: Flooding is the most frequent natural hazard in Tigard due to the combination of heavy rainfall and geology. Floods can have a devastating impact on your home and its contents.
- Wind damage: Major wind events are infrequent in this area, but when they happen, they can cause roof and siding damage.
- Earthquake damage: Tigard is in the Cascadian Subduction Zone, which has the potential for a magnitude 9.0+ earthquake. Typically, the area experiences frequent shallow quakes with magnitudes of 4.0 or less, but they can go as high as 7.0. Earthquakes of this size can lead to significant structural damage.
- Fire and smoke damage: House fires can happen to anyone, anywhere. In Tigard, there is an additional threat from wildfires, particularly for houses located at the wildland-urban interface. Fire and smoke damage can be costly, so be sure your Tigard, Oregon home insurance provides sufficient coverage.
- Property crime damage: Property crimes in Tigard are slightly below the average for Oregon, but thefts, burglaries and vandalism do occur on residential properties.
Tigard is a great place to live. Give yourself peace of mind to enjoy it by ensuring you have home insurance that protects you against the risks you face.
Standard Coverages for Tigard Homes
Though insurance policies typically provide coverage for damage caused by smoke, fire, wind and property crimes, you see differences in policy limits, exceptions, deductibles and premiums. Not every policy offers home replacement value or dislocation expenses coverages, though having these protections is a good idea.
A VIU by HUB broker can help you find the right Tigard, OR home insurance policy for your home and budget. We walk you through your options, making it easy for you to compare policies and decide on the one that works best for you.
Ad-On Coverages for Tigard Homes
This city is at risk for both earthquakes and floods, but standard home insurance policies do not offer coverages for these perils. If you want to ensure you are protected from the financial devastation that can arise from costly flood or earthquake damages, you need to purchase named-peril policies for both hazards.
While personal possession damages and losses are generally covered under home insurance policies, they usually have limits that are too low to replace everything of value in your home should you experience significant losses. Your VIU by HUB broker can help you procure the coverage you need to recover.
This information is intended for general informational purposes only and is not intended to constitute legal advice.