Auto Insurance in Hamden, CT
Compare, shop and customize quotes from top-rated insurance carriers.
Auto Insurance in New Haven County
Drivers in Hamden and surrounding towns should maintain car insurance that meets statewide liability requirements. Learn more about the limits for bodily injury and property damage coverage mandated by the state of Connecticut and other policy benefits that are available for car insurance in Hamden, CT. A VIU by HUB insurance broker can direct you toward a policy that will provide sufficient levels of liability, collision, or comprehensive coverage.
Liability Coverage in Connecticut
Drivers in The Land of the Sleeping Giant, as the Hamden area is known, need liability coverage that never rests. When you are driving on Wilbur Cross Parkway, Connecticut Route 40, Dixwell Avenue or Whitney Avenue, you need auto insurance that protects you from liability for injuries caused to other drivers, passengers, or property during a collision. Here are three minimum liability requirements for car insurance in Hamden, CT set by the state government:
- Injuring another person: Connecticut motorists must carry at least $25,000 of liability coverage for bodily injuries to one person. Most drivers prefer to have a policy with bodily injury liability coverage that exceeds this minimum limit.
- Injuring more than one person: Collisions that result in bodily injuries to two or more people require a minimum of at least $50,000 in coverage per accident. Higher limits can be helpful for collisions that involve multiple cars in which an insured driver is at fault.
- Causing damage to property: Drivers in Hamden need at least $25,000 in liability coverage for damage caused to property during an accident. This is another area in which many Connecticut residents prefer policies that have increased limits to reduce out-of-pocket costs and personal liability.
Custom Coverage for Hamden Motorists
In addition to raising liability limits, drivers who reside in Hamden and New Haven County can also customize collision coverage in other ways. Insurance may cover some or all the value of a totaled vehicle based on the type of policy you have. It is important to sustain coverage when driving in Hamden and nearby Cheshire, Wallingford, North Haven, New Haven, Woodbridge, and Bethany. Here are several policy types and options available for car insurance in Hamden, CT:
- Actual cash value: Most car insurance policies calculate for depreciation when determining the payout on a claim. This may mean that settling a claim on an ACV policy may not pay a policyholder enough to replace a vehicle with a comparable make and model.
- Agreed value: An agreed value car insurance policy is one in which an insurer suspends the co-insurance requirement and insures a vehicle at a set cost based on an appraisal and submitted proof of value. These policies can be useful for insuring classic or performance vehicles.
- Replacement value: Replacement value policies cover the entire cost of replacing a vehicle. This type of policy does not factor in depreciation but has higher premiums.
- Additional benefits: Southern Connecticut drivers may want to add coverage for full glass, electronics or towing and labor to an auto insurance policy. Ask a VIU by HUB broker about how to get all of the benefits you want out of car insurance in Hamden, CT.
VIU by HUB Insurance brokers help customers get the right auto insurance. Ask a broker about the best policy that meets state liability requirements, and your coverage needs. A VIU by HUB broker can recommend the best policies for your driving habits and vehicles.
This information is intended for general informational purposes only and is not intended to constitute legal advice.