Home Insurance in Murfeesboro, TN

We’re a new kind of digital insurance platform, designed to help you find the right policies – quickly and easily.
Compare, shop and customize quotes from top-rated insurance carriers.

Insure Your Rutherford County Home

Homes in Murfreesboro are valuable assets with median values up 17% year-over-year. You can protect your residence and investment with homeowners’ insurance. VIU by HUB brokers help property owners compare policies that cover storm, water, and fire damage. It is important to insure your home to value and close coverage gaps that could prove costly when disaster strikes. Find out which perils homeowners policies cover and learn about options for more complete coverage through home insurance in Murfreesboro, TN.

Perils Covered by Homeowners Insurance

Home insurance is useful for managing risks posed to Rutherford County residences by some of the most common causes of property damage. VIU by HUB brokers can recommend policies that provide sufficient levels of coverage and options for restoring coverage for any perils that are cut out or excluded from a Murfreesboro home insurance policy. Home insurance should cover all the following perils:

  • Fire damage: Fire can be one of the costliest forms of damage, especially if more than one area of your home has suffered damage. An insurance policy that covers the full value of a house may be necessary for reconstruction after a fire that results in a total loss.
  • Storm damage: Destructive storms occasionally strike Murfreesboro, such as a series of tornadoes back in 2009. Home insurance can cover exterior and interior damage ranging from minor incidents to major damage caused by severe weather.
  • Water damage: Homeowners insurance policies usually cover damage caused by water released from broken pipes, though the cause of damage and the cost of fixing plumbing may not be covered. Damage caused by external flooding is excluded from most home insurance in Murfreesboro, TN.

Complete Coverage for Murfreesboro Residents

Some forms of damage are excluded from homeowners’ insurance. Water damage caused by external flooding and secondary water damage such as mold are two hazards that are often cut out of policies. VIU by HUB brokers can help residents of Murfreesboro obtain flood insurance or other policy riders and endorsements that provide more complete protection from risk. Contact a VIU by HUB broker to discuss any of the following options for coverage in addition to home insurance in Murfreesboro, TN:

  • Flood insurance: Coverage for flooding is separate from home insurance coverage. A VIU by HUB broker can help you determine whether you need flood insurance based on the location of your home.
  • Valuable property: Home insurance policies typically have low limits for the damage or loss of the contents of a home. Additional coverage can be helpful for reducing out-of-pocket costs to repair or replace jewelry, fine art, or vehicles. 
  • Personal umbrella: A limited amount of coverage for liability is included in most homeowners’ insurance. You can increase your protection from liability at home and elsewhere with a personal umbrella policy.
  • Living expenses: Should your home become uninhabitable due to damage, an insurance policy can cover the cost of temporary lodging and meals. Check to see whether policies include living expenses and make sure that the limit covers the needs of your household.

VIU by HUB insurance brokers help residents of the Middle Tennessee region obtain home insurance coverage. An accurate valuation of your home and any assets that you want to insure independently of the limited amount of coverage for contents of residences included in homeowners’ policies can help you determine an adequate level of coverage.

This information is intended for general informational purposes only and is not intended to constitute legal advice.

Home insurance in Tennessee by city

Understand risks, minimum state coverage requirements, average costs and other specifics that can impact home insurance policies and premium rates in your city.