Auto Insurance in Evanston, IL
Compare, shop and customize quotes from top-rated insurance carriers.
Insurance Coverage for Evanston Drivers
Drivers in northern Illinois need to know they can rely on their car insurance to provide reliable coverage. Whether they are driving to James Park to watch a soccer game, cruising along the North Shore or running errands, Evanston residents depend on their cars to get around. VIU by HUB can design a policy for auto insurance in Evanston, IL that keeps you on the road with peace of mind.
Traffic in Evanston can get congested, especially along North McCormick Boulevard, in the center of town or on a commute to Chicago. Even the most cautious drivers can find themselves involved in a collision. While a car accident can be unnerving, our brokers at VIU by HUB have experience handling many types of incidents and are fully prepared to help you through your claim.
Driving Through Northern Illinois Weather
Evanston residents know that the weather can affect driving conditions. In the winter when the temperature dips below the freezing mark, ice on the roads can create a hazard, sometimes unexpectedly. Evanston is one of the snowiest locations in Illinois, and accumulation can cause problems for commuters, too.
While the best advice is to drive carefully and defensively when road conditions are less than optimal, it's still possible to have a weather-related incident while you're on the road. Make sure you have auto insurance in Evanston, IL, that will cover damage and losses.
Ensuring You Have the Coverage You Need
Illinois law requires all registered vehicles to have liability insurance. Staying in compliance means you need a minimum of:
- $25,000 for injury or death of one person per incident
- $50,000 for injury or death of more than one person per incident
- $20,000 for property damage to another person per incident
While it's obviously important to have the minimum coverage for your vehicle, most Illinois residents opt for more. At VIU by HUB, we can offer you a custom plan that meets your requirements. If you're involved in a multi-car accident, for example, or if someone suffers a serious injury, you may benefit from more coverage.
We have other auto insurance in Evanston, IL that you may want for your vehicle. Some of our products include:
- Emergency roadside service: If you end up stranded on the side of the road from a flat tire, breakdown or empty gas tank, this insurance can cover the costs of associated towing and labor.
- Electronic equipment coverage: Standard auto insurance policies don't include audio equipment upgrades, video displays or other related electronics. We can add this coverage to your policy in case your electronic equipment is damaged.
- Agreed value coverage: If you have a restored classic vehicle or custom upgrades, this coverage can make sure you receive the amount you need during a claim. We agree on the value of your vehicle before opening a policy so that your insured value doesn't depreciate.
- Full glass coverage: If you prefer your auto insurance in Evanston, IL, to include full repair or replacement of your damaged windshield or other auto glass, you may be interested in this type of insurance.
Talk to a VIU by HUB broker about these options and more. We can work with you to find the coverage you need within your budget.
Meeting Your Requirements for Auto Insurance in Evanston, IL
Each driver has different insurance needs. You may own one vehicle or several. You may also have multiple drivers to cover. These factors, along with the amount of mileage you put on your car, can affect your policy requirements. Talk to our experts about the best coverage for your situation.
This information is intended for general informational purposes only and is not intended to constitute legal advice.