Auto Insurance in Skokie, IL
Compare, shop and customize quotes from top-rated insurance carriers.
Auto Insurance in Illinois
When you drive in Cook County, you should always have car insurance that meets state mandatory minimum requirements for liability for injury, death, and property damage. Residents of Skokie can get the best car insurance for any vehicle through a VIU by HUB insurance broker. Learn more about the mandated minimums for car insurance in Skokie IL and options for getting more complete coverage that includes collision, full glass, electronics, and other additional policy options.
State Requirements for Coverage
The state of Illinois requires drivers to be insured against liability for injury, death, or damage to property. In Illinois, liability insurance policies automatically cover uninsured motorists at the legal minimum requirements. State laws do not require collision, comprehensive, medical payment, or uninsured property damage coverage. Here are the limits of the mandated requirements for car insurance in Skokie IL:
- Injury of one person: Every insured driver in Illinois should have a liability limit of at least $25,000 for the injury or death of one person. Most drivers prefer policies with higher levels of liability coverage.
- Injury of more than one person: At least $50,000 in coverage is required per accident should more than one person suffer injuries. Additional liability coverage is also available under auto or personal umbrella policies.
- Damage to property: A minimum limit of $20,000 for damage to property is also required by the state of Illinois. VIU by HUB brokers help customers get policies with sufficient coverage to meet state requirements and provide peace of mind.
Choices for Comprehensive Coverage
VIU by HUB insurance brokers help Skokie residents secure the right level of coverage. There are many options for auto policies, from collision coverage to additional policy benefits. In each case, you should weigh the advantages of a particular type of coverage against its costs in terms of higher premiums. Find out more about popular options for customizing policies to provide complete protection for drivers on Interstate 94, U.S. Route 41, Skokie Boulevard and beyond:
- Agreed value policies: An insurer and vehicle owner can agree on a value for a vehicle in the event of a reimbursement due to damage or loss. This type of coverage is helpful for classic cars and other high-value or unique vehicles.
- Replacement value policies: You can be reimbursed the full cost of your vehicle with a replacement value policy. Most car insurance policies factor in depreciation and only cover actual cash value.
- Full glass coverage: Eliminate out-of-pocket costs for replacing auto safety glass with full glass coverage. This option typically does not require meeting a deductible.
- Electronic equipment coverage: Audio, visual and other devices in a vehicle are not covered by most standard car insurance policies. Additional coverage for electronics protects against theft and damage.
- Towing and labor: The cost of roadside assistance can be covered by an insurance policy with this benefit. Ask a VIU by HUB broker about adding roadside assistance to car insurance in Skokie IL.
A VIU by HUB broker can help you get a policy that provides the level of protection you need and has benefits and deductibles you can afford. Choose from basic, cost-effective policies that meet all state liability requirements or more comprehensive policies with higher limits, collision coverage and additional benefits. You should always carry proof of insurance in your vehicle, as the Illinois Secretary of State does not maintain insurance information for all registered motor vehicles.
This information is intended for general informational purposes only and is not intended to constitute legal advice.