Auto Insurance in Columbus, OH
Compare, shop and customize quotes from top-rated insurance carriers.
Auto Insurance in Franklin County
Drivers in the capital of Ohio and surrounding areas in Franklin, Delaware and Fairfield counties are required to maintain car insurance coverage. The state sets minimum liability coverage amounts for injuries and property damage caused in collisions in which a driver is at fault. A VIU by HUB broker can help you find car insurance in Columbus OH with sufficient limits and options that reduce the out-of-pocket costs associated with auto glass, electronics or obtaining emergency roadside assistance.
Ohio Car Insurance Requirements
The state of Ohio requires all drivers of motor vehicles to have insurance. These policies help to cover the costs of injuries to one or more people in a collision or property damage. Drivers in the most populous city in Ohio should have adequate coverage when driving on Interstate 70 and I-71, the I-270 Outerbelt and U.S. Routes 40 and 23. There are minimum requirements in several areas for car insurance in Columbus OH:
- Injury of one person: Ohio requires that every insurance policy include at least $25,000 of coverage for injuries to one person in an accident in which the insured driver is at fault.
- Injury to more people: A policy should have a minimum limit of $50,000 for accidents that result in injuries to two or more people or multi-car collisions.
- Liability for property damage: In addition to injury liability coverage, drivers also need policies with a minimum limit of $25,000 for damage to property.
Custom Auto Policy Options
Many drivers in Columbus and Franklin, Delaware and Fairfield counties prefer policies that have higher limits than the state minimum requirements. A VIU by HUB broker can help you find car insurance in Columbus OH that provides the level of coverage you need with premiums and deductibles that fit your budget. Many other coverage options are available for premium auto insurance policies:
- Agreed value coverage: When you opt to cover a vehicle for an agreed value, the owner and insurer set an amount for which to insure a car. Agreed value coverage can be a good option for insuring restored or upgraded vehicles.
- Replacement value coverage: Replacement value coverage covers the full replacement value of a vehicle. This type of policy does not factor in depreciation like actual cash value policies and usually has higher premiums.
- Full glass coverage: Coverage for auto glass replacement can be added to car insurance in Columbus OH. This benefit typically does not require that policyholders meet a deductible.
- Electronics coverage: Electronics installed in a vehicle are typically not covered by auto insurance. Additional coverage to repair or replace damaged or stolen equipment is available through a VIU by HUB broker.
- Towing and labor: The costs of emergency roadside assistance can add up. Including coverage for towing and labor in your car insurance policy can offset the expense of relocating your car for repairs or getting you back on the road.
A VIU by HUB broker can help you find an actual cash value, agreed value or replacement value policy that fits your vehicle make and model and the way you drive. You can also get coverage options such as auto glass, electronics or roadside assistance that minimize out-of-pocket costs for maintaining the condition and features of your vehicle and emergency services such as jump starts, tire changes and tows. Deductibles and premiums may be higher or lower based on which policy options you choose.
This information is intended for general informational purposes only and is not intended to constitute legal advice.