Auto Insurance in Cleveland, OH
Compare, shop and customize quotes from top-rated insurance carriers.
Why You Need Car Insurance in Cleveland
When you drive in the city of Cleveland and Cuyahoga County, you need car insurance with sufficient liability limits. The state of Ohio requires that drivers carry at least a minimum amount of personal injury and property damage liability coverage. A VIU by HUB broker can help you get car insurance in Cleveland OH that satisfies these requirements and increases your peace of mind on the road. Learn about state requirements for drivers and the additional options available for comprehensive auto coverage.
Basic Ohio Policy Requirements
Drivers in Cleveland need car insurance that meets state liability requirements. While Ohio mandates minimum amounts of coverage, many drivers prefer to have policies with higher limits and additional benefits. A VIU by HUB broker can help you find car insurance in Cleveland OH that meets or exceeds the following minimum requirements:
- Personal injury: Ohio requires that every driver have at least $25,000 of coverage for injuries to one person. The policy will pay out in the event of a collision in which the policyholder is at fault.
- Multiple injuries: Drivers in Ohio must carry at least $50,000 of liability coverage for injuring more than one person. This coverage is helpful if multiple cars are involved in a collision.
- Property damage: Drivers must also have at least $25,000 in property damage coverage. Once again, many drivers prefer policies with higher limits.
Comprehensive Coverage Choices
A VIU by HUB insurance broker can recommend car insurance that provides the liability coverage you need and reduces out-of-pocket costs if your vehicle gets damaged or totaled. Many car insurance policies only cover actual cash value, which factors in depreciation. You may prefer an agreed or replacement value policy. A VIU by HUB broker can recommend supplemental coverage in the following areas:
- Car electronic equipment: The audio, video and other type of electronics installed in vehicles are not covered by standard car insurance policies. Additional coverage for these components can reduce expenses in the event of damage or theft.
- Full auto glass: Replace a cracked or broken windshield or other auto glass with full glass coverage. Look for an option that does not require you to meet a deductible.
- Emergency roadside assistance: You can also add coverage for jump starts, tire changes, towing and labor to car insurance in Cleveland OH. This can be helpful for commuters throughout the state of Ohio, neighboring Pennsylvania and beyond.
- Personal liability coverage: A personal umbrella policy can provide you with protection against liability for injuries or damages to other people or their property. Ask a VIU by HUB broker about how personal umbrella coverage can raise the liability limits of other policies.
- Uninsured and underinsured: Some collisions involve drivers who do not have insurance or are underinsured. Adding this coverage to your own policy can help to expedite claim settlement.
Your car insurance in Cleveland OH should match the way you drive. Many people settle for policies that simply meet state requirements or just have higher liability limits when their car insurance policy could also provide several helpful benefits with premiums that they can afford. A VIU by HUB broker will help you find a policy with limits that provide peace of mind and deductibles and premiums in your preferred price range.
This information is intended for general informational purposes only and is not intended to constitute legal advice.