Home Insurance in Burlington, NC
Compare, shop and customize quotes from top-rated insurance carriers.
Find Affordable Homeowners Insurance in Burlington, NC, with VIU by HUB
Burlington, North Carolina, is a historic city filled with neighborhoods that honor its past and pave the way for its future. For instance, it has numerous buildings that deserve their place on the National Register of Historic Places, yet it is also home to one of the largest biomedical testing firms in the world.
The city’s duality plays a role in its continued growth. Another key component of its increasing population is the numerous parks and outdoor spaces. Cedarock Park, Great Bend Park, and the Shallow Ford Natural Area are among the best places in the country to reconnect with the outdoors.
As Burlington continues to add new residents, it becomes more important than ever that all homeowners seek out an affordable home insurance policy that’s appropriate for their needs. At VIU by HUB, we’re dedicated to helping homeowners find the right coverage at a rate that works for them.
Why Do You Need Homeowners Insurance in Burlington, NC?
There are a variety of risks that homeowners face in Burlington:
- Hail and Snow: While Burlington may be known for its balmy summers, it also experiences cold winters that can plunge into freezing. The city’s proximity to the water also makes snow and hail likely, both of which can lead to the exterior damage of your home.
- Floods: Of course, you don’t need a hurricane for a flood to occur. Floods not only cause water damage; they can also lead to mold and mildew growth.
- Fires: A fire is a concern in any home. Whether it’s a kitchen accident, a clogged dryer vent, or even environmental concerns, fire can bring down a home quickly. Unfortunately, it’s not the fire’s flames that you need to be concerned about; smoke and water damage can also lead to lingering damage.
- Strong Wind: Wind can carry heavy debris that smashes against your home’s exterior walls or windows. It can also knock down trees and their branches, potentially damaging your roof.
- Theft or property damage: If you live in a nice neighborhood or lack security devices, your home could be targeted by a thief.
What Does Your Current Home Insurance Cover?
Homeowners insurance isn’t a legal requirement in Burlington, NC. However, some mortgages and lenders may have specific insurance requirements to lend to you. You need to make sure that your policy meets the minimums mandated by your mortgage.
You also should check to see if you're paying for coverage you don’t need or are lacking in coverage you don’t need. Flooding, for instance, isn’t typically included in most policies. However, if your property is prone to even minor flooding, you should seek out coverage that protects you from the risk.
What Types of Homeowners Insurance is Available in Burlington, NC?
Generally, there are four types of homeowners insurance in Burlington, NC:
- No-frills policies are the most basic form of home insurance and typically don't meet the requirements of most mortgage lenders.
- Basic insurance will protect you against specifically named risks but nothing else.
- Broad policies offer additional protection to your home but may not offer much coverage for the personal property within your home.
- Comprehensive homeowners insurance in Burlington, NC, will offer the widest degree of protection but may also provide you with coverage that you don’t need.
This information is intended for general informational purposes only and is not intended to constitute legal advice.