Home Insurance in Huntersville, NC
Compare, shop and customize quotes from top-rated insurance carriers.
Living it up in Huntersville
Huntersville is part of the Greater Charlotte metropolitan area. With nearly 60,000 residents, it’s in the top 20 when it comes to North Carolinian towns. It’s a few miles north of Charlotte, a place that many people love getting to whether it’s a day of fun at Lake Norman or enjoying one of the many museums with exciting exhibits. Huntersville’s Carolina Renaissance Festival brings in the crowds on weekends in October and November. There’s never a dull moment in this part of Mecklenburg County which used to be known as Craighead but was renamed in honor of local hero and property owner, Robert Boston Hunter. Living can be both fun and easy around here.
Huntersville is one of three towns that make up the area locally referred to as North Meck. You will find that the area is family-friendly with its abundance of schools. The Merancas campus of Central Piedmont Community College is also here for those with an interest in higher learning. Huntersville is known for being a safe place to live and raise kids. With the average household income being just under $100,000 and home prices averaging over four times as much, this town certainly has much to offer for those looking for the good life. Get here as fast you can, but first, make sure you learn what you need to know about buying homeowners insurance in Huntersville, NC.
Taking Care of Home
If you’re like many people, you probably have to finance your home purchase. If your lender is like most, you’ll be required to carry homeowners insurance in Huntersville, NC. This policy protects your property and the lender’s financial interests for the life of the loan. Such a plan gives you peace of mind that in the event of certain covered losses, which may be catastrophic, you won’t have to replace or restore your home with out-of-pocket funds. Consider the protections offered by your homeowners insurance in Huntersville, NC:
- Repair and restoration of your residence and its contents in the event of fire, theft, vandalism and such weather events as lightning or hail
- Payment of medical expenses for third parties injured while on the premises
- Protection of other buildings on your property such as detached garages, sheds and more
- Miscellaneous costs such as temporary relocation while your property is restored
These are the most typical perils that are covered in a home insurance plan. Don’t confuse a policy for homeowners insurance in Huntersville, NC with a home warranty plan or mortgage insurance. The former is a program that allows you to pay a premium to cover wear and tear for major home appliances, while the latter protects a mortgagee when a borrower makes a down payment of less than 20% of the property price.
Exploring the Finer Details
The following policy types are usually offered for homeowners insurance in Huntersville, NC:
- Actual cash value: This policy pays for the repair or replacement of your residence based on a fixed liability limit that is agreed upon. This does not account for inflation and other cost increases. Pay special attention as the cash value of your home may be less than the cost to replace it.
- Replacement cost: This type of policy is usually significantly more expensive as it accounts for inflation, changes in costs for labor and materials, market changes and other factors that affect the cost to replace your house.
Your policy indicates the total liability limit which is the value, which should be based on actual cash value or replacement cost. You pay a premium to have homeowners insurance in Huntersville, NC. In the event of a covered loss, a claims adjuster will do an assessment to determine the total damages. A deductible is an amount deducted from the total claim. Usually, higher premiums mean lower deductibles.
This information is intended for general informational purposes only and is not intended to constitute legal advice.