Home Insurance in Wilmington, NC
Compare, shop and customize quotes from top-rated insurance carriers.
Protect Your New Hanover County Home
Homes in Wilmington are valuable investments in coastal North Carolina property. This scenic seaside and riverside region is prone to hurricanes and tropical storms, making Wilmington NC home insurance advisable for property owners. Find out more about what most homeowners insurance policies cover and do not cover and learn how VIU by HUB insurance brokers help customers get comprehensive policies that limit out-of-pocket costs for restoring damage or rebuilding residences in New Hanover County.
The Perils Home Insurance Covers
Homeowners insurance can protect homes against some of the most common and costly types of damage. The location of Wilmington on the coast of southeastern North Carolina puts residences in this city at risk of extreme weather, particularly during the hurricane and tropical storm season that runs from August to October every year. Most Wilmington NC home insurance policies protect against several types of perils:
- Storm damage: Many homeowners policies cover external and internal damage caused by storms. Review the terms and limits of a policy to ensure that you get the right level of coverage.
- Water damage: Internal water damage such as pipe leaks or breaks may be covered perils. Flooding and damage caused by water originating from external sources is often cut out of home insurance policies.
- Fire damage: A fire can result in thousands of dollars of damage to a residence. Damage to building materials and contents caused by accidental fires is covered by most homeowners insurance.
Popular Personal Insurance Policies
Many home insurance policyholders also take out other insurance policies for perils excluded from primary property policies and to protect the most valuable contents of a home. For instance, flooding is a form of water damage excluded from most Wilmington NC home insurance policies. Flood insurance can be helpful additional coverage for homes near the coast or riverfront residences. Here are some of the leading personal policies for residents of New Hanover County:
- Flood insurance: Get more protection for your home with an additional flood insurance policy. Homes in Wilmington may be at risk for flooding due to heavy rain, rising river levels or storm surges, and an additional flood policy can cover damage excluded from homeowners insurance.
- Fine art: Artwork that is displayed in a home may be high-dollar or otherwise rare. Insuring art and other valuable assets above and beyond the limited coverage for contents of a residence built into a home insurance policy can be helpful for managing risks related to damage or loss.
- Personal umbrella: Personal liability coverage can raise the liability limit of a homeowners insurance policy. Discuss options for both of these policies with a VIU by HUB broker to secure the level of protection you need at home and anywhere you travel.
- Valuable jewelry: Jewelry is another high-dollar asset for which homeowners can obtain additional insurance. Ask a VIU by HUB insurance broker about policies for valuables.
- Car insurance: An auto insurance policy can provide liability protection and reduce out-of-pocket costs to repair or replace a vehicle after a collision. Car insurance is another personal policy that you can acquire through a VIU by HUB broker.
A VIU by HUB broker can help you select Wilmington NC home insurance and policy options or supplemental coverage that provide greater peace of mind about your house. While severe hurricane and tropical storm activity typically only affects Wilmington once every seven years, it is important to maintain coverage to protect your home and valuable assets against damage or loss.
This information is intended for general informational purposes only and is not intended to constitute legal advice.