Home Insurance in Cincinnati, OH
Compare, shop and customize quotes from top-rated insurance carriers.
Residential Property Damage in Cincinnati
Homes in Cincinnati can suffer damage caused by fires, pipe bursts or severe storms. Restoring or rebuilding a home after any disaster can cost thousands of dollars. Homeowners insurance in Cincinnati, OH can cover most of the expenses of fixing damage caused by covered perils. A VIU by HUB broker can help you find a policy that has limits that correspond to the value of your home and affordable premiums and deductibles. Find out more about which types of policies to consider for residences in Hamilton County.
Perils Covered by Home Insurance
One of the main reasons to have home insurance is that damage to your home can be costly. From repairing minor to moderate damage that costs a few hundred dollars to a rebuild that could cost tens or hundreds of thousands of dollars, coverage prevents property owners from having to pay restoration and reconstruction bills out of pocket. The limits of policies vary and are based on the age, location and value of a Cincinnati home. Here are several perils that are covered by most homeowners’ policies:
- Storm damage: Storms cause damage to southern Ohio homes every year, often because of high winds and hail. When you have homeowners’ insurance in Cincinnati, Ohio, you can document any damage after a storm and make a claim to cover costs.
- Fire damage: Fire damage can cost homeowners thousands of dollars. With the average price of restoring damage caused by fire being $12,000, coverage for this peril is essential for partial and total losses.
- Water damage: Home insurance policies often cover damage caused by pipe bursts and some other forms of interior water damage. A separate flood policy and supplemental sewer damage coverage are necessary to cover damage caused by exterior water.
Additional Coverage for Your Home
A VIU by HUB insurance broker can recommend endorsements or riders for home insurance policies or additional policies to achieve more comprehensive coverage. Some of the most common additions include coverage for other types of water damage that may occur due to heavy rain and rising bodies of surface water such as rivers and creeks. Discuss any of the following options with a VIU by HUB broker:
- Flood insurance: The Ohio River and other bodies of surface water cause flooding in Cincinnati. Homes in some neighborhoods, such as California, may need flood insurance.
- Sewer damage: Damage caused when municipal lines back up into residences is excluded from most home insurance policies. You can add supplementary sewer coverage to your policy.
- Personal umbrella: A personal umbrella policy provides liability protection for a policyholder. Ask a VIU by HUB broker how this type of coverage can increase the liability limits of homeowners insurance in Cincinnati, OH.
- Valuable assets: Coverage for valuable assets such as fine art, jewelry and other high-dollar or rare possessions is also available. Most brokers recommend additional coverage for these items, as home insurance only includes limited coverage for contents.
Any coverage you add over and above homeowners’ insurance in Cincinnati can reduce the likelihood of large and unexpected out-of-pocket expenses due to the damage or theft of property. Residents of Cincinnati neighborhoods such as California, Columbia-Tusculum, Hyde Park, Oakley and Westwood may want to consider these policy options for more complete coverage. The location of your home and the likelihood of flooding may determine whether you need an additional policy to protect against exterior water damage.
This information is intended for general informational purposes only and is not intended to constitute legal advice.