Home Insurance in Dayton, OH
Compare, shop and customize quotes from top-rated insurance carriers.
The Benefits of Home Insurance Coverage
Owners of homes in Dayton and Montgomery County should have home insurance coverage. Homeowners policies protect against covered perils such as fire, storm and some types of water damage. When disaster strikes, homeowners’ insurance in Dayton OH reduces out-of-pocket costs for policyholders and can help to preserve the value of residences in an area in which home prices are up over 24% year over year. Find out how a VIU by HUB broker can point you toward the best policy for your Dayton home.
Find A Policy That Fits Your Home
Homeowners insurance factors in the value of your Dayton residence. The costs of a policy may be affected by an array of factors, such as the age, condition and location of your home. VIU by HUB brokers can find the perfect policy for homes in neighborhoods such as Downtown, Schroyer Park, Patterson Park, Linden Heights and Forest Ridge Quail Hollow. You should ensure that any homeowners insurance in Dayton OH you consider has high enough limits to cover the costs of damage restoration and rebuilding in the event of a total loss. Here are a few important factors to consider and discuss with a VIU by HUB broker when you are selecting a policy:
- Covered perils: Most homeowners insurance policies cover fire, storm and some water damage. Review the terms and limits of coverage to determine whether you need additional coverage.
- Home value: The value of your home is an important consideration when getting home insurance. You should also keep in mind that more coverage may be necessary for valuable assets or contents inside of your home.
- Policy cost: The choices you make in terms of coverage will determine your policy cost. Monthly premiums must be paid to maintain coverage, and it may be necessary for a policyholder to meet a deductible before making a claim.
Customize Your Level of Coverage
A VIU by HUB insurance broker can help you with a full portfolio of personal coverage. Home insurance protects one of your most valuable assets, but coverage is also available for high-dollar or rare possessions such as art and jewelry. Any of the following types of coverage can supplement the limited amount of coverage for the contents of a home included in most homeowners’ insurance in Dayton OH:
- Art: Fine art and rare items call for additional insurance. A VIU by HUB broker can help you find the best way to protect the value of priceless or unique items in your home.
- Jewelry: High-dollar items such as jewelry can also be insured. These policies can protect against damage and loss or theft.
- Liability: Personal umbrella policies that protect against liability can effectively increase the liability limit of home insurance. Ask a VIU by HUB broker about the right amount of coverage.
- Automotive: It is also important to insure any vehicles you drive for liability and value. VIU by HUB brokers can recommend auto insurance for drivers in Dayton and southwestern Ohio.
These are a few of the most popular types of supplemental coverage for Dayton homeowners. Additional flood insurance policies are also available that cover damage caused by exterior water such as heavy rain and rising bodies of surface water such as the Great Miami River, Mad River and Stillwater River. Consult with a VIU by HUB insurance broker about complete coverage for your home in Dayton.
This information is intended for general informational purposes only and is not intended to constitute legal advice.