Home Insurance in Toledo, OH
Compare, shop and customize quotes from top-rated insurance carriers.
Coverage for Homes in Lucas County
Owners of homes in Toledo and the surrounding area should protect these investments with homeowners’ insurance. Home insurance policies cover a variety of common perils that can cause partial or total losses, such as fires, severe storms and some forms of water damage. A VIU by HUB insurance broker can help you get homeowners insurance in Toledo OH that will preserve the comfort and value of your home. In addition to basic coverage, you can choose from comprehensive coverage options to manage more residential property damage risks.
What Home Insurance Covers
Homeowners insurance can save the day when disaster strikes. The median value of a home in Toledo is $97,327, and the costs of restoring significant damage or rebuilding a residence can be significant. Maintain the comfort of your home and protect your investment in this community with home insurance. A VIU by HUB broker can recommend a policy that covers all the following types of damage:
- Fire damage: The national average price to restore fire damage is $12,000. A home insurance policy should provide a sufficient level of coverage to restore fire, smoke and water damage and rebuild a total loss.
- Storm damage: Storms in Lucas County can cost homeowners thousands of dollars in damage. Homeowners insurance in Toledo OH can offset the cost of repairing external and internal damage caused by high winds, hail and other adverse weather.
- Water damage: The damage caused by a broken pipe is covered by homeowners’ insurance. External water damage such as flooding is excluded from most home insurance policies.
Options for More Coverage
You can restore coverage for perils cut out of a home insurance policy and add additional policies for more complete liability protection. The level of coverage you require may vary based on the age, value and location of your home in Toledo. A VIU by HUB broker can recommend policies for homeowners in neighborhoods such as Birmingham, DeVeaux, Old West End, Onyx and Westmoreland. A VIU by HUB broker can recommend the best homeowner’s insurance in Toledo OH and any of the following policy types:
- Condo insurance: If you own a condo in Toledo, you can get insurance coverage for this type of residence. Ask a VIU by HUB broker about how condo insurance varies from homeowners’ insurance.
- Flood insurance: Coverage for flooding can be helpful in a city located on the Maumee River. Flood insurance covers water damage that originates with external sources such as heavy rain and rising bodies of water.
- Personal liability: A personal umbrella policy can raise the liability limit of home insurance. Ask a VIU by HUB broker about a more comprehensive option for liability protection.
- Valuable property: Jewelry, fine art and other valuable items should be insured separately. Homeowners insurance has relatively low limits for restoring or replacing the contents of residence, so additional coverage can be helpful.
In some cases, an endorsement or rider can be added to homeowners’ insurance in Toledo OH that will cover assets or perils that would otherwise be excluded from a policy. Other types of coverage such as flood insurance are additional policies that are available to provide homeowners with more complete protection. A VIU by HUB broker can recommend policies and options to help you manage risk and protect your northern Ohio home. The age, location and value of your residence all factor into finding the right coverage.
This information is intended for general informational purposes only and is not intended to constitute legal advice.