Auto Insurance in Corvallis, OR
Compare, shop and customize quotes from top-rated insurance carriers.
Coverage for Corvallis Drivers
Benton County motorists should maintain insurance coverage that meets or exceeds state-mandated minimum liability coverage. Oregon requires drivers to be insured against bodily injuries, damage to property and have policies that cover other motorists who are uninsured. Insurance brokers at VIU by HUB help Oregonians get car insurance in Corvallis. A broker will help you compare policies and obtain sufficient coverage to meet state requirements and provide any benefits that you want to add to a policy for more protection.
Oregon Auto Insurance Requirements
Every driver in the state of Oregon is required to have insurance that meets basic requirements for liability coverage for bodily injuries to one or more people involved in an accident, personal injury protection and coverage for uninsured motorists. A VIU by HUB broker can help you get a policy that meets all state requirements and mandated coverage limits. Many drivers prefer policies with limits that exceed the minimums in each of the following areas:
- Liability coverage: Drivers in Corvallis must carry at least $25,000 in coverage per person, $50,000 per accident for injuries to more than one person and $20,000 per accident for damage to property.
- Personal injury: Oregon also requires drivers to carry at least $15,000 in coverage for injuries per person.
- Uninsured motorist: Car insurance in Corvallis, Oregon should also include a minimum of $25,000 per person and $50,000 per crash to cover bodily injuries caused to other drivers without insurance.
More Protection from Risks
VIU by HUB brokers work with customers to build better insurance policies. In addition to higher limits in the required areas of coverage, drivers in Benton County can also customize insurance policies to cover collision costs, additional liability or policy features such as glass coverage, electronic equipment and roadside assistance. Talk to a VIU by HUB broker about any of the following policy options or other forms of coverage:
- Agreed value coverage: Agreed value policies cover vehicles for a set amount agreed upon by owners and insurers. Ask a broker about the best way to insure classic or upgraded vehicles.
- Replacement value coverage: A replacement value policy will cover the full cost of replacing a vehicle. Most auto insurance policies are actual cash value and factor in depreciation, which reduces payouts.
- Personal umbrella policies: A personal umbrella policy extends personal liability coverage above and beyond car insurance in Corvallis. Even if an auto policy has higher liability limits than the state mandated minimums, an umbrella policy can provide more protection.
- Full glass coverage: Customize an auto insurance policy with benefits that make maintaining your vehicle more affordable. Most full glass coverage does not require policyholders to pay a deductible when replacing damaged auto glass.
- Towing and labor: A comprehensive Corvallis, OR car insurance policy may also cover the cost of having a vehicle towed. Discuss this option with a broker to determine whether paying higher premiums can lower out-of-pocket costs in the event of an emergency.
The roads in Corvallis are less congested than in many parts of the country. In 2009, this city had the highest rank of commuters who biked to work in the United States and the second highest percentage of commuters who walked to work. If you drive on U.S. Route 20, Oregon Route 99W, the Corvallis-Lebanon Highway and on streets in the city of Corvallis, you need coverage that meets state mandated requirements and any other needs associated with your driving habits and vehicle.
This information is intended for general informational purposes only and is not intended to constitute legal advice.