Auto Insurance in Salem, OR
Compare, shop and customize quotes from top-rated insurance carriers.
A City at Your Service
Life in beautiful Salem, Oregon is positively influenced by the abundance of natural resources located near the area, and this community takes great pride in conserving and protecting the environment. Salem has invested in open spaces and green parks, as well as an urban tree canopy to help balance the use of the land and potential future needs for the ecosystem. The Salem community invests in conserving energy use, reducing wastewater and developing sustainable infrastructure. This city is at your service when it comes to planning.
As the capital city of Oregon, the Salem community is thriving with over 175,000 residents. The historic preservation of downtown buildings reminds the community of its past, while the planning commission and a foreword-thinking group of businessmen are helping prepare for a brighter future. With so much in the city, the commute for residents is short, and well-established neighborhoods make it a great place for young families to settle down. The median age in Salem is 34 years old, making it a youthful, energetic population that drives the vibrancy in the community.
Salem is a great tourist destination, but residents also enjoy the many things to do around town. Schreiner’s Iris Gardens is a gorgeous 10-acre flower garden, and Minot-Brown Island Park is a natural area along the banks of the Willamette River that can be explored. The Oregon State Capitol has many mementos from the state’s rich history, and the Gilbert House Children’s Museum is an old Victorian home dedicated to the entertainment and education of young minds. Whether you are heading out to explore all that Salem offers or you are encountering tourists who are stopping in for a visit, make sure you have VIU by HUB’s car insurance in Salem, OR keeping you protected.
Why You Need Car Insurance in Salem, OR
According to statistics from the Insurance Information Institute, the average cost of a property damage settlement comes in around $4,500, while a personal injury claim from a car accident averages around $18,000. For most car owners, this kind of cash isn’t sitting in the bank waiting to be spent on accident claims. Car insurance provides a financial resource to cover the expenses of accidents, and by law, Oregon drivers are required to purchase minimum amounts of liability coverage. The coverage mandated includes:
- Per accident minimums of $25,000 per person and $50,00 for others when bodily injury or death occurs
- Per accident minimum of $20,000 for property damage to the other party
- Personal injury protection of $15,000 per person
- Per accident uninsured motorist minimums of $25,000 per person and $50,000 for bodily injury or death
What Is Covered by Car Insurance in Salem, OR
The minimum requirements are strictly for personal liabilities toward the other driver when you are involved in an accident. Your own expenses, whether for medical care or vehicle repair, is not a part of this coverage. Our brokers at VIU by HUB realize the additional costs you may face during an accident and have several options for additional coverage.
- Comprehensive coverage will address damages to your vehicle from covered incidents like hail, fire, theft or vandalism. A policy may pay for repair or replacement up to the actual cash value of the vehicle.
- Collision coverage will be useful if your car hits an object like a fence or building, or if your car is damaged during an accident.
- Medical payments coverage is ideal for helping with the medical costs you or other passengers in the car incur because of an accident.
This information is intended for general informational purposes only and is not intended to constitute legal advice.