Auto Insurance in Eugene, OR
Compare, shop and customize quotes from top-rated insurance carriers.
Come On, Eugene
For almost 40 years, Eugene, Oregon has been the premier destination for track and field. Home to the University of Oregon’s Hayward Field, this town has hosted more athletic events in amateur and collegiate track and field than anywhere else, earning it the moniker of “Track and Field Capital of the World.” The Nike Corporation, arguably the biggest brand in athletic gear, got its start here. This corner of the Beaver State is “on track” to remain the place to see and celebrate some of the world’s fastest sprinters.
Besides being known as “Track Town USA,” Eugene is also noted for its status as an originator for many community trends, especially when it comes to planning and cooperative projects. The nation’s only food cooperative without employees is located here. The Neighborhood Program involves the creation and cultivation of several community gardens on public property. This sense of community has expanded to repurposing public property to food productions, play spaces and eco-villages made of structures erected using natural building techniques and green building technologies. There’s a lot for you to experience up close and personally in Eugene, but before you hit Interstate 5 or Oregon Route 99, you need to know some things about having car insurance in Eugene, OR.
Careful With That Car, Eugene
The state of Oregon requires motorists to have liability insurance to operate a vehicle. Having car insurance in Eugene, OR, spares you from having to fork over several thousands of dollars to cover damages resulting from an accident or replacing a stolen automobile. It is illegal to drive without liability coverage in the Beaver State. Failure to have car insurance in Eugene, OR, can result in fines or worse, suspension of your license and vehicle registration. This suspension can last up to a year if you’re involved in an accident. While there’s plenty of cycling in Eugene, you need your car to get around. Consider a policy that includes these coverages:
- Collision: This protects you for repair or replacement of your car if it’s damaged or totaled in a crash.
- Comprehensive: This benefit covers you for non-collision related losses such as theft, vandalism, etc.
- Bodily injury: This pays for medical bills of others not named on your policy but are injured in an accident. You’ll need at least $25,000 per person and $50,000 per crash for bodily injury.
- Property damage: This coverage applies to destruction of other property such as another vehicle or stationery objects. Oregonians must have at least $20,000 per incident.
- Personal injury protection: This benefit covers the medical bills for you or anyone else named on your policy. Be sure to have at least $15,000 in coverage in your policy for car insurance in Eugene, OR.
- Underinsured or uninsured motorist: With over 170,000 folks around, you never know when you might be in an accident with an at-fault driver with too little coverage or none. You’ll need to have at least $25,000 per person and $50,000 for bodily injury within Oregon.
These are the basic coverages that should be included in your plan for car insurance in Eugene, OR. It’s worth considering policies that also include protections for towing and car storage expenses, reimbursement for rental vehicles and roadside assistance.
This information is intended for general informational purposes only and is not intended to constitute legal advice.