Auto Insurance in Marion, IA
Compare, shop and customize quotes from top-rated insurance carriers.
Coverage for Drivers in Marion, Iowa, (IA)
Motorists in Marion and Linn County need auto insurance that has sufficient liability limits. The Iowa state government requires that every driver maintain at least $20,000 in liability coverage for bodily injury or the death of one person during an accident, $40,000 for injuries or the deaths of two or more people and $15,000 for damage or destruction of property. Find out more about these requirements, the different types of collision coverage and other options for comprehensive Marion, Iowa, (IA) car insurance.
Policies for Collision Coverage
Iowa law requires that every driver carry continuous car insurance coverage. A policy must have enough liability coverage for any injuries or deaths that a motorist causes. Collision coverage is not required, but many drivers in western Iowa opt to add this level of protection onto Marion, IA car insurance. Here are three types of coverage for the damage or total loss of vehicles:
- Actual cash value: An ACV insurance policy pays out an amount calculated by subtracting depreciation from the value of an asset. As a result, ACV policies may not completely cover the cost of rebuying the same make and model of car or a comparable vehicle.
- Replacement value policies: A replacement value policy does not reduce payouts based on depreciation. Higher premiums can pay off if a vehicle gets totaled and needs to be replaced.
- Agreed value policies: An insurer and policyholder can also cover certain types of vehicles at set values. If you need to insure a classic or luxury car, ask a VIU by HUB broker about options for agreed value coverage.
Additional Auto Insurance Options
Collision insurance is one of the most common additions to the basic liability coverage that is required in the state of Iowa. Other policy options may provide a variety of benefits for only a nominal increase in premium costs. The features of your vehicle and your level of liability coverage may determine the best types of policies. VIU by HUB brokers can make it easy to customize Marion, IA car insurance with any of the following options:
- Higher liability limits: Policy limits for liability that exceed state requirements can be beneficial in the event of a serious collision or an accident that involves multiple cars. While your policy premiums are likely to be higher than payments for policies with minimum liability coverage, you can count on having more protection.
- Towing and labor: The national average for towing costs is around $110. While this service is not that costly, your auto insurance can cover this and other unexpected expenses.
- Full glass coverage: Having a windshield and other car windows that are intact and free of cracks and damage is important for safety and security. This insurance coverage option can enable policyholders to replace auto glass without a deductible.
- Electronic equipment coverage: Your car insurance policy is unlikely to cover devices that are installed in a vehicle. Insurance for automotive electronics can reduce out-of-pocket costs associated with damaged or stolen devices.
VIU by HUB brokers guide customers toward policies that satisfy Iowa state insurance requirements. It can also be easy and affordable to obtain higher levels of liability protection. Adding coverage for roadside assistance, auto glass and electronics to Marion, IA car insurance can reduce out-of-pocket expenses in the event of an emergency or the damage or loss of safety components and electronics.
This information is intended for general informational purposes only and is not intended to constitute legal advice.