Auto Insurance in Iowa City, IA
Compare, shop and customize quotes from top-rated insurance carriers.
Auto Coverage for Drivers in Iowa City, Iowa, (IA)
Drivers who reside in Johnson and Washington counties need car insurance in Iowa City, Iowa, (IA). The state of Iowa mandates that every driver has at least $20,000 in coverage for the bodily injury or death of one person in an accident, a minimum of $40,000 in coverage for injuries or deaths of two or more persons and at least $15,000 for property damage. Find out more about popular auto policy types and options available through a VIU by HUB insurance broker.
Types of Car Insurance Coverage
Most car insurance policies only cover actual cash value. A replacement cost policy can come in handy when you need to replace a totaled vehicle. Agreed value policies account for the value of classic cars or luxury vehicles. Find out more about these and other collision and comprehensive coverage options for car insurance in Iowa City, IA:
- Actual value: An actual cash value policy calculates the payout for a total loss by accounting for depreciation. This coverage is not as complete as replacement value coverage and may not cover the full cost of getting another vehicle of the same make and model or comparable value.
- Replacement value: A car insurance policy that covers replacement value will pay for the full cost of a vehicle regardless of depreciation. Premiums for these policies are often higher than those for ACV policies, but more complete collision coverage will reduce out-of-pocket costs should a vehicle get totaled.
- Agreed value: An agreed value policy covers a vehicle at a set amount. An insurer and policyholder will set an amount to pay out should a restored classic car or another upgraded vehicle get damaged or totaled.
Comprehensive Automotive Coverage
Many drivers want comprehensive car insurance in Iowa City, IA. These policies may include more liability coverage than the minimum state-mandated limits as well as collision coverage and other policy benefits. A custom insurance policy can cover a wide range of costs associated with repairing damage to a vehicle, from critical safety systems to accessories. Consult a VIU by HUB broker about any of the following options for additional coverage:
- Auto glass: Full glass coverage can eliminate out-of-pocket expenses to replace a damaged windshield or other windows in a vehicle. This option typically does not require a policyholder to meet a deductible.
- Electronic equipment: The option to cover electronics is also available. Coverage for additional audio, video and navigation equipment is otherwise cut out of most auto insurance policies.
- Roadside assistance: Comprehensive car insurance can also include the option to cover towing and labor costs. Any options you add to a policy could increase premiums.
- Personal umbrella: A VIU by HUB insurance broker can recommend a personal umbrella policy for increased liability coverage. Ask how this policy can raise the liability limits of other policies, such as home insurance.
- Uninsured and underinsured: It is possible to reduce the costs that accrue after getting in an accident with an underinsured or uninsured driver. A VIU by HUB broker can help you get coverage for any risk.
All these options are available for car insurance in Iowa City, IA. A VIU by HUB broker can help you identify your insurance needs and find the right automotive policy. In addition to specifying limits for liability coverage and a type of collision coverage, a policy can also be customized with riders, endorsements, or other forms of supplementary protection.
This information is intended for general informational purposes only and is not intended to constitute legal advice.