Auto Insurance in Waterloo, IA
Compare, shop and customize quotes from top-rated insurance carriers.
Car Insurance for Waterloo, Iowa, (IA) Drivers
Auto insurance in Waterloo, Iowa, (IA) can cover drivers throughout Black Hawk County and the state of Iowa. Statewide minimum mandated liability limits apply to drivers who reside in or near Waterloo. Find out how VIU by HUB brokers help Iowans get coverage that meets or exceeds these requirements. Waterloo residents can also get comprehensive coverage through a broker, such as higher liability limits, collision coverage or additional options.
Liability Requirements in Iowa
The state of Iowa requires that every driver have at least the minimum mandated amounts of liability coverage for bodily injury, death, and property damage. These base level requirements apply to every policy for drivers in the state, including auto insurance in Waterloo, IA. Learn more about these three limits so that you can get auto insurance that meets or exceeds the requisite levels of coverage:
- Injury or death of one person: Iowa mandates a minimum limit of $20,000 for collisions that injure or cause the death of one person. VIU by HUB brokers can also recommend policies with higher limits for personal injury liability.
- Injuries or deaths of more people: A minimum of $40,000 is required in the event of a collision that causes injuries or the death of two or more people. More coverage is useful for limiting liability in collisions involving several vehicles.
- Damage to the property of others: At least $15,000 in coverage for property damage or destruction is also required for Iowa drivers. More coverage is available in each of these areas and brokers can recommend additional policy options.
Choices for Comprehensive Coverage
Many motorists who reside in Waterloo have policies with higher liability limits than the minimum levels set by the state of Iowa. It can also be helpful to get a policy that includes collision or complete coverage. Collision policies can cover the actual cash value of a vehicle accounting for depreciation, the replacement cost of a vehicle or a value agreed upon by an insurer and the vehicle owner. Ask a VIU by HUB insurance broker about any of the following ways to customize auto insurance in Waterloo, IA:
- Electronic equipment: Standard car insurance policies exclude devices for navigation, playing audio or displaying video in vehicles. Additional coverage is available to lower out-of-pocket expenses due to the damage or loss of auto electronics.
- Full glass: The safety glass in a vehicle can be replaced without paying a deductible when you have full glass coverage. Ask a VIU by HUB broker about adding this option to a car insurance policy.
- Roadside assistance: The costs of having a vehicle towed can be offset by towing and labor benefits. VIU by HUB brokers can recommend policy options that are helpful during emergencies on the road with a minimal increase in premiums.
- Uninsured and underinsured: Should you get in an accident with an uninsured or underinsured motorist, it can be helpful to have supplemental coverage under your own policy. A VIU by HUB broker can recommend the best options for more protection from risks.
These are some of the most common choices for comprehensive car insurance coverage in Iowa. The make, model and features of the vehicle you drive should factor into your choice of auto insurance in Waterloo, IA. VIU by HUB brokers specialize in helping Iowans get the right level of coverage to limit liability for accidents and reduce out-of-pocket costs associated with repairing or replacing vehicles or systems.
This information is intended for general informational purposes only and is not intended to constitute legal advice.