Auto Insurance in Brentwood, TN
Compare, shop and customize quotes from top-rated insurance carriers.
Driving in Brentwood
The affluent suburb of Brentwood, Tennessee is located just down the road from the exciting sights and sounds of Nashville. With a median household income of $168,688, Brentwood residents tend to own expensive vehicles, with an average of two cars per household. Brentwood residents drive a lot: the typical commuter drives approximately 23.4 minutes alone to work, and the beautiful hills of the area encourage residents to go out for leisurely Sunday excursions. The proximity to Nashville also encourages Brentwood residents to drive to Titans, Predators and Nashville Soccer Club games. VIU by HUB has the expertise to protect drivers with high-quality car insurance in Brentwood, TN.
What is Covered by Car Insurance in Brentwood, TN?
Car insurance policies are comprised of a variety of coverage types that offer protection in different situations. Choose from the following types of coverage to create a complete web of protection tailored to your vehicle's needs.
- Comprehensive coverage: Any vehicle damage that could occur when it's not being driven, such as weather, fire, flood, falling objects, vandalism, and theft, is covered by a comprehensive policy.
- Collision coverage: Damage to your vehicle is covered by a collision policy regardless of fault. Not required by law, collision combines with comprehensive insurance to complete the "full coverage" package.
- Gap insurance: If your vehicle is stolen or totaled, your collision or comprehensive policy will generally pay the actual cash value (ACV). However, that amount factors in depreciation and may be insufficient to pay off your vehicle loan or lease. The optional gap insurance can cover the difference, allowing you to pay off what you owe.
- Liability coverage: If you cause an accident, injure someone, or damage property with your vehicle, liability coverage pays. Liability coverage is required in the state of Tennessee.
- Medical payments coverage: In Tennessee, you can only recover medical expenses and income loss if the other driver was at fault, unless your policy includes medical payments coverage, which pays regardless of fault up to coverage limits.
- Roadside assistance: This generally inexpensive, optional policy add-on helps in situations where you have become stranded, providing jump-starts, flat-tire changes, fuel delivery, or towing service.
- Uninsured motorist coverage: If you're involved in a collision caused by an uninsured or insufficiently insured driver, this type of policy will cover your costs.
What is Not Covered by Car Insurance in Brentwood, TN?
Sometimes car insurance is not the solution to cover your damages. Coverage exclusions will vary by insurer, but it's important that you understand what you are protected against and what you are not. Additional coverage may be available for the situations that are typically not covered, such as:
- Damage more than limits: your policy cap marks the upper limit of your insurer's obligation to pay. If you cause damage above your limit, you are personally responsible for the difference.
- General maintenance and repairs: regular wear and tear is not covered by car insurance in Brentwood, TN, but some insurers offer mechanical breakdown coverage to assist with the cost of repairs to vehicle parts like the alternator, brakes, or transmission.
- Intentional damage: damaging, totaling, or vandalizing your own vehicle on purpose will cause your claim to be denied, and you will risk insurance fraud charges.
- Ridesharing: most policies will not cover damage that happens when you are driving for a fare. Some insurers offer rideshare coverage as an add-on when you use your vehicle for a business that does not cover you on their policy.
- Unlicensed or excluded drivers: damage from an accident in your vehicle caused by an unlicensed driver or one who is excluded from your policy will not be covered.
This information is intended for general informational purposes only and is not intended to constitute legal advice.