Auto Insurance in Collierville, TN
Compare, shop and customize quotes from top-rated insurance carriers.
Car Insurance in Shelby County
Drivers who reside in Collierville and Shelby County must abide by Tennessee state financial responsibility laws. The state requires that every motorist maintain continuous liability insurance coverage that meets or exceeds set limits of $25,000 for each injury or death per accident, $50,000 for total injuries or deaths per accident and $15,000 for property damage caused during an accident. Many drivers prefer policies with higher liability limits as well as collision or comprehensive auto insurance in Collierville, TN.
Collision Coverage in Collierville
Liability insurance is legally required to drive in Tennessee. Many Shelby County residents also choose to get collision coverage to reduce the cost of replacing a vehicle that gets damaged or totaled in an accident. There are several types of policies to choose from based on the make and model of your vehicle and preferences about lower premiums or higher payouts:
- Actual cash value: An ACV policy factors depreciation into the value of a vehicle. These policies have lower premiums but may not pay out enough to replace a total loss.
- Replacement value: A replacement value policy pays the current market rate for a comparable vehicle. These policies tend to have higher premiums, but payouts can be sufficient to replace a total loss with a comparable vehicle and spend less out of pocket.
- Agreed value: An insurer and policyholder can agree to insure certain types of vehicles at set values. Agreed value policies are often used for luxury vehicles and restored classic cars and are based on an accurate valuation of these assets.
Comprehensive Auto Policies in Shelby County
Motorists in Collierville can benefit from car insurance that includes benefits that go beyond liability and collision coverage. Many drivers prefer policies with higher liability limits than the minimum amounts that are mandated by state law. You can also talk to a VIU by HUB insurance broker about the best ways to customize a more comprehensive car insurance policy that covers glass replacement, electronics, or roadside assistance. Learn more about these elements of more comprehensive coverage:
- Higher liability limits: The minimum statewide liability requirements of $25,000 for injuries to one person, $50,000 for injuries to more people and $15,000 for property damage are the lowest legal limits for auto insurance in Collierville, TN. Many drivers choose policies that have higher liability limits.
- Full glass coverage: Maintain the condition of your vehicle with a policy benefit that makes it possible to replace damaged auto safety glass without paying a deductible. Ask a VIU by HUB broker about adding glass coverage to a car insurance policy.
- Electronic equipment: Audio and video electronics are excluded from most auto policies. Additional insurance coverage is available for these components.
- Towing and labor: Insured drivers can reduce out-of-pocket expenses with roadside assistance coverage. A VIU by HUB broker can recommend this and other benefits to add onto auto insurance in Collierville, TN.
VIU by HUB brokers help Tennesseeans get the maximum benefit from coverage with premiums and deductibles that they can afford. A comprehensive car insurance policy can provide policyholders with helpful benefits for a minimal increase in premiums. These expanded coverage options can come in handy on U.S. 51, the Tina Turner Highway or Tennessee State Route 209. VIU by HUB insurance brokers can get the best deals for customers on policies that provide more peace of mind on the road.
This information is intended for general informational purposes only and is not intended to constitute legal advice.