Auto Insurance in Murfeesboro, TN
Compare, shop and customize quotes from top-rated insurance carriers.
Liability Protection in Murfreesboro, Tennessee, (TN)
Basic liability coverage is necessary when you drive in Murfreesboro or Rutherford County. Tennessee, (TN) state law requires that car insurance in Murfreesboro meet the mandated minimum amounts of liability coverage for injury, death, and property damage. Learn about liability insurance requirements and options for collision and comprehensive coverage. Many drivers prefer policies that have higher liability limits and options such as full glass coverage. VIU by HUB Insurance brokers help Middle Tennessee drivers get the right level of coverage.
Tennessee Auto Coverage Requirements
When you drive in Murfreesboro and the Nashville metro area, you need liability auto insurance with limits that meet or exceed requirements set by the Tennessee state government. Financial responsibility laws are intended to cover costs associated with accidents. Your car insurance in Murfreesboro, TN should satisfy all the following requirements:
- Each injury and death per accident: Tennesseans must carry at least $25,000 in coverage for each injury or death caused in an accident. This liability requirement applies to every driver in the state.
- Total injuries and deaths per accident: The minimum limit for injuries or deaths of multiple people in an accident is $50,000. Ask a VIU by HUB broker about policies with higher liability limits for injuries to ensure that you are covered in the event of a multi-car collision.
- Property damage per accident: A limit of $15,000 is required for damage caused to property during a car accident. This limit can also be raised to provide a policyholder with more liability protection.
Collision and Comprehensive Policies
The state of Tennessee does not require that drivers maintain collision coverage. Some lenders require that the signatory of a car loan or lease maintain collision coverage for the duration of the agreement. Many drivers in Murfreesboro, TN seek out higher liability limits and collision or comprehensive coverage for the peace of mind these policies provide. Ask a VIU by HUB insurance broker about any of the following policy options:
- Actual cash value: Most insurance policies include depreciation in payout calculations. This means that an ACV collision policy may not cover the cost of replacing a vehicle that gets totaled.
- Replacement value: A replacement value policy can cover the full cost of replacing a totaled vehicle. These policies tend to cost more than ACV policies but can be worth it when you need to make a claim.
- Electronic equipment: Audio and video accessories in a vehicle are excluded from most car insurance in Murfreesboro, TN. Additional coverage for electronics can protect these items against loss and reduce out-of-pocket replacement costs.
- Full glass coverage: Without insurance, it can cost hundreds of dollars to replace a car windshield, driver or passenger side window or a rear window. A full glass policy option makes it possible to replace broken glass without requiring a policyholder to meet a deductible.
- Towing and labor: A comprehensive car insurance policy can cover costs associated with towing a disabled vehicle. It may be possible to add this option to a policy without a large increase in premiums.
A collision policy may cover ACV, replacement value or a value agreed upon by an insurer and policyholder. Agreed value policies are the best ways to cover restored classic cars and luxury vehicles. Comprehensive policy options make it possible to extend coverage to safety components and accessories in your vehicle or gain assurance that the cost of roadside assistance is covered.
This information is intended for general informational purposes only and is not intended to constitute legal advice.