Auto Insurance in Winchester, TN
Compare, shop and customize quotes from top-rated insurance carriers.
Manage Risk Behind the Wheel
From accidents and collisions to property damage, it is important for Tennessee drivers to have auto insurance. The state government requires that every motorist maintain financial responsibility for vehicles and sets minimum coverage limits for injuries and property damage. A VIU by HUB insurance broker can help you find policies that meet or exceed these limits and can also recommend collision or comprehensive car insurance in Winchester, TN. Contact a broker to discuss your coverage needs and more options for risk management.
Financial Responsibility in Tennessee
The Tennessee state government requires that every driver maintain at least a base level of liability coverage for financial responsibility. There are three specified minimum limits for liability coverage in Tennessee. VIU by HUB brokers point customers in Winchester and Franklin County toward policies that meet or exceed each of the following statewide requirements:
- Coverage for injury or death: The minimum mandated limit for liability insurance for injury or death to one person caused while operating a motor vehicle is $25,000. Ask a broker about policies that meet or exceed this amount of coverage.
- Coverage for injuries or deaths: A limit of $50,000 applies if an accident injures or causes the deaths of more than one person. Many drivers prefer auto insurance policies with higher liability limits.
- Coverage for property damage: Tennessee requires that every driver maintain at least $15,000 in coverage for damage caused to property during an accident. Any policy that meets or exceeds these limits will satisfy state requirements for financial responsibility.
Comprehensive Policies for Winchester Drivers
Many drivers who live in Tennessee prefer policies with higher liability limits, collision coverage and more comprehensive protection. VIU by HUB brokers can recommend policies that provide the protection you need for more peace of mind and have premiums and deductibles that fit your budget. Here are a few options to ask a broker about for protection that goes above and beyond the minimum amount of liability car insurance in Winchester, TN:
- Actual cash value: Most auto insurance policies account for depreciation when determining the value of a vehicle. The payout from these policies in the event of a total loss may not be enough to cover the cost of replacing a vehicle.
- Replacement value: Policies that cover replacement value do not factor depreciation into valuation. A replacement value policy can cover the cost of replacing a totaled vehicle.
- Agreed value: Insurers and policyholders can agree to insure certain vehicles for a set value. These policies can be most useful for classic cars and luxury vehicles.
- Full glass coverage: The cost of replacing safety glass in your vehicle can be covered by a comprehensive policy option. It is usually not necessary to pay a deductible before replacing a damaged windshield or window.
- Towing and labor: A comprehensive car insurance policy can cover unexpected expenses that accompany car trouble. The average cost of a tow is around $110 and adding this option does not make that much of a difference in premium costs.
Ask a VIU by HUB insurance broker about any of these policy options. There are many ways to customize car insurance in Winchester, TN. Based on the make and model of your vehicle and the way you drive, you may want to consider auto insurance policies that cover the replacement value of a vehicle or an agreed value.
This information is intended for general informational purposes only and is not intended to constitute legal advice.