Auto Insurance in Clarksville, TN
Compare, shop and customize quotes from top-rated insurance carriers.
Why It’s Necessary to Have Car Insurance in Clarksville, TN
Whether you’re driving down Riverside Dr. on your way to work or cruising on I-24 for a night out in Nashville, you must have car insurance in Clarksville, TN. As a small city, this area experiences busy roads with drivers headed north to Fort Campbell, downtown to the county headquarters, and south to Nashville. The continuous flow of drivers contributes to over 500 vehicle accidents per year, according to city-data.com. Since over 85% of these are in broad daylight, you are at risk for accidents at any time. To be prepared, you must have the appropriate amount of car insurance to protect you, your passengers, and your car.
What Amount of Car Insurance Does Tennessee Require?
Tennessee has a Financial Responsibility Law that states all drivers must have a liability insurance policy. This law means that to drive legally, you must have car insurance that covers:
- $15,000 property damage per accident
- $25,000 bodily injury per person
- $50,000 bodily injury per accident
Liability car insurance in Clarksville, TN’ pays for damage and injuries to the other driver and their passengers if you cause an accident. The amounts listed above are the minimum required by the state and only payout to the other driver. If you are in an accident that is your fault, your policy won’t pay to repair your car or take care of your medical bills if you only carry liability vehicle insurance.
What Coverage Pays for Your Damages and Expenses?
You need to buy additional coverage when you want extra protection for your vehicle and your medical expenses. VIU by HUB offers different options depending on your needs.
Insurance For Your Vehicle
Whether you’re driving a new Corvette or your grandfather’s beloved Ford, insurance can protect your car if you cause an accident, get struck by adverse weather, or experience a break-in. There are two different types of car insurance in Clarksville, TN, that you can purchase to cover your vehicle.
- Comprehensive – This additional protection pays for repairs caused by non-collision damage. Instances include dents from hail, broken glass from windstorms, and destruction by vandalism or theft. The only time this insurance covers damage caused when driving is if you hit an animal. This is because the object in the road contributes to the wreck, and you are not considered to be at fault.
- Collision – If you want protection on your vehicle if you cause an accident, then collision coverage is necessary. This additional insurance may have a deductible, and it pays to repair your car if you are at fault in a collision.
This information is intended for general informational purposes only and is not intended to constitute legal advice.