Auto Insurance in Ripley, TN
Compare, shop and customize quotes from top-rated insurance carriers.
Liability Insurance in Lauderdale County
Drivers who reside in Ripley, Tennessee, (TN) must have car insurance when traversing local roads, U.S. 51, and Tennessee State Routes 19 and 209. VIU by HUB insurance brokers help Tennesseans get the coverage they need, from liability insurance that satisfies state financial responsibility laws to Ripley car insurance with collision and comprehensive coverage. Find out more about state auto insurance laws and coverage options to discuss with a broker.
Tennessee Auto Insurance Requirements
State law requires every driver to maintain at least minimum amounts of liability coverage. Set amounts are specified for covering any injuries, deaths, or property damage that a driver causes during a collision. Ask a VIU by HUB broker about Ripley, TN car insurance policies that meet all the following financial responsibility requirements:
- Each injury or death: Every car insurance policy in Tennessee must have a limit of at least $25,000 for each injury and death caused in an accident. Many drivers opt for policies that include higher levels of personal injury liability coverage.
- Total injuries and deaths: State law requires that every insurance policy have a limit of at least $50,000 for total injuries and deaths caused in an accident. Higher liability limits can be helpful for collisions that involve multiple cars.
- Property damage per accident: At least $15,000 of liability coverage for damage caused to property during a collision is also required in every policy. This coverage can limit financial and legal liability for a car accident.
More Coverage for Ripley, TN Residents
Many Western Tennessee drivers seek out collision or comprehensive coverage. Collision policies can cover damage or total losses at actual cash value, replacement value or an agreed value. Comprehensive Ripley car insurance extends coverage to selected vehicle safety features and accessories. Here are some of the most popular policy options for car insurance in Tennessee:
- Replacement value: A replacement value car insurance policy covers the cost of replacing a vehicle at the current market value. Replacement value policies pay out more than ACV policies and have higher premiums.
- Electronics coverage: Insuring the value of any audio, video or other electronic equipment in a vehicle can reduce out of pocket costs for damage or loss. Ask a VIU by HUB broker about the best way to add this option to Ripley car insurance.
- Full glass: A policyholder can replace a broken windshield or window without paying a deductible with full glass coverage. Full glass benefits are among the most popular comprehensive coverage options.
- Towing costs: The average cost of a tow is slightly more than $100. For slightly higher premiums, comprehensive car insurance policyholders can limit out-of-pocket expenses for roadside assistance.
VIU by HUB brokers help Ripley, TN residents get the right level of liability coverage and choose between ACV, replacement value or agreed value collision policies. An agreed value policy sets the payout for a classic car or luxury vehicle at an amount based on a valuation approved by an insurer and policyholder. Replacement and agreed value policies tend to cost more per month than ACV policies and pay out a higher amount in the event of a total loss. Coverage for glass and electronics and other additional policy benefits can also raise the cost of premiums. Brokers can point customers toward affordable policies that provide the level of coverage they need.
This information is intended for general informational purposes only and is not intended to constitute legal advice.