Auto Insurance in Smyrna, TN
Compare, shop and customize quotes from top-rated insurance carriers.
Insurance for Smyrna Motorists
Drivers in Smyrna and Rutherford County should carry car insurance that meets or exceeds minimum auto liability coverage requirements. VIU by HUB brokers help Tennesseans find policies that meet state-mandated limits for liability coverage as well as collision and comprehensive car insurance in Smyrna, TN. Talk to a broker about your vehicle and preferences for coverage. Every driver in Tennessee must submit proof of insurance through the state government’s electronic insurance verification system to maintain vehicle registration.
Liability Coverage in Tennessee
The state government of Tennessee requires every driver to maintain liability coverage at or above set levels. There are three different requirements for coverage of any injuries, deaths or property damage caused in motor vehicle accidents. Penalties for uninsured drivers can include fines and loss of license and registration. Find out more about basic requirements for car insurance in Smyrna, TN:
- Each injury or death: Every driver must have at least $25,000 in liability coverage for each injury or death caused in an accident. Many Tennessee drivers prefer policies that have higher liability limits.
- Total injuries or deaths: The minimum limit for coverage for injuries caused to multiple people or deaths is $50,000. Higher limits can be helpful should an accident involve multiple cars.
- Property damage per accident: All drivers in Tennessee are required to have at least $15,000 in coverage for damage caused to property. Injury and property damage liability insurance that meets or exceeds these amounts satisfies state financial responsibility requirements.
Comprehensive Car Insurance
Additional coverage for collisions and more comprehensive coverage are also available for car insurance in Smyrna, TN. Liability car insurance does not cover damage caused to a vehicle during an accident. Collision coverage is a popular choice for Rutherford County motorists. VIU by HUB brokers can also recommend any of the following car insurance policy options for more complete protection:
- Replacement value coverage: Auto insurance that covers the full cost of replacing a vehicle without factoring in depreciation can provide a larger payout in the event of a total loss than an actual cash value policy. Most budget car insurance policies are ACV, as replacement value policies tend to have higher premiums.
- Full glass coverage: Comprehensive coverage goes beyond liability and collision to insure important vehicle components such as safety glass. A full glass policy option makes it possible to replace any damaged glass from the windshield to the rear window without paying a deductible.
- Towing and labor: A car insurance policy can offset the costs associated with getting roadside assistance to move a disabled vehicle. This option may only cause a slight increase in premiums and pay off in the event of an emergency.
- Electronic equipment coverage: Any electronics installed in a vehicle such as audio systems and displays may not be covered by auto insurance. VIU by HUB insurance brokers can recommend the best options for insuring these accessories.
These policy options go above and beyond state requirements for car insurance in Smyrna, TN. Many drivers prefer policies that combine liability and collision coverage. VIU by HUB brokers help Tennesseans find policies that meet all their needs and have affordable premiums and deductibles. Every vehicle owner is required to verify insurance coverage in Tennessee’s Electronic Insurance Verification System. The state government requires that every driver maintain auto insurance coverage without interruptions.
This information is intended for general informational purposes only and is not intended to constitute legal advice.