Auto Insurance in Durham, NC
Compare, shop and customize quotes from top-rated insurance carriers.
Coverage for Durham Drivers
Bull City motorists need car insurance in Durham NC. The state of North Carolina requires that every driver maintain liability coverage with at least the mandated limits for bodily injuries and property damage. Collision coverage reduces the costs of repairing or replacing a vehicle, particularly with a replacement value policy. VIU by HUB brokers help Durham drivers find policies with the best benefits for more peace of mind.
North Carolina Liability Requirements
North Carolina requires that car insurance policies meet or exceed mandated limits for liability coverage. This coverage calculates payouts for injuries caused by a driver at-fault for a collision to one or more other motorists or passengers as well as personal responsibility for property damage. Here are the minimum limits specified by the state along with reasons why higher limits can be advisable for car insurance in Durham NC:
- Injury to one person: A vehicle registered in North Carolina must have liability insurance with a limit of at least $30,000 for injuries suffered by one person. A policy will pay out when a driver is found to be at fault for a collision.
- Injuries to more people: A limit of at least $60,000 is required in this state for collisions that result in physical injuries to two or more people. A VIU by HUB insurance broker may recommend a higher limit for bodily injuries in case of collisions that involve multiple cars.
- Damage done to property: North Carolina car insurance policies must include at least a $25,000 limit for property damage caused by a driver. A higher limit in this area can also be helpful for limiting liability.
Complete Coverage in the Piedmont Region
Drivers in Durham, Orange and Wake counties need car insurance. North Carolina requires that motorists get and keep coverage from an insurer licensed to operate in the state. Car insurance in Durham NC must include all three types of liability coverage specified above, but can have higher limits in these areas and additional coverage. Here are a few popular comprehensive policy options for drivers in Bull City:
- Electronic equipment coverage: Audio and visual equipment in a vehicle may be excluded from car insurance, or coverage may be so limited that it does not offset the cost of replacing damaged or stolen components. Cover valuable electronics with an additional policy option.
- Full glass coverage: The cost of replacing damaged vehicle safety glass can be offset by full glass coverage. Many auto glass policy options do not require deductibles.
- Uninsured and underinsured: Coverage for injuries and damages caused by drivers who are uninsured or do not have sufficient liability limits is also available. Ask a VIU by HUB broker about comprehensive coverage options.
- Towing and labor: The costs of towing a non-functional vehicle are almost always unexpected. Car insurance can reduce out-of-pocket expenses related to roadside assistance.
- Personal umbrella coverage: A driver may be able to obtain more liability coverage. A personal umbrella policy can raise liability limits on other insurance policies.
A VIU by HUB insurance broker will work with you to build a policy that includes liability coverage, collision coverage or other benefits. Car insurance in Durham NC should lower your risk of financial liability for injuries or damages caused in an accident and reduce out-of-pocket costs to repair or replace your vehicle after a collision. Comprehensive coverage options offer even more peace of mind.
This information is intended for general informational purposes only and is not intended to constitute legal advice.