Auto Insurance in Greensboro, NC
Compare, shop and customize quotes from top-rated insurance carriers.
Auto Insurance In the Piedmont Triad
The state of North Carolina requires motorists who reside in Greensboro or surrounding communities and own and operate vehicles to carry liability coverage. A VIU by HUB broker can help drivers find car insurance in Greensboro NC that includes at least the minimum required level of liability coverage for personal injuries and property damage if not a higher limit and actual cash, agreed value or replacement value coverage. Here are a few types of policies for Greensboro drivers to discuss with a VIU by HUB broker.
Types of Car Insurance Coverage
When you drive in Guilford County or elsewhere in North Carolina, you need car insurance that provides liability coverage. The state requires that policies include a minimum limit of at least $30,000 for bodily injury to one person, $60,000 for injuries to two or more people and $25,000 of liability coverage for property damage. Most policies also pay out in the event that a vehicle suffers damage or is totalled. Here are a few types of policies that a VIU by HUB broker can help you compare and choose between:
- Actual cash: An actual cash value policy factors in depreciation. The payout in the event that your vehicle gets totalled may not be sufficient for a replacement.
- Agreed value: Policies that insure vehicles for a set amount are referred to as agreed value coverage. A policyholder and insurer agree on a value for a vehicle that might otherwise be challenging to appraise in a manner that fully accounts for its value.
- Replacement Value: Car insurance in Greensboro NC that covers the cost of replacing a vehicle without accounting for depreciation is called replacement value coverage. Policies with this type of coverage tend to be more expensive than ACV policies.
Policy Choices for Greensboro Drivers
A VIU by HUB insurance broker can recommend supplemental policies that provide more comprehensive auto insurance coverage. When you drive in the third most populous city in North Carolina and the largest city in the Piedmont Triad metropolitan area, you may want a policy with higher liability limits along with one or more of the following benefits:
- Electronic equipment: Most car insurance excludes electronic equipment installed in a vehicle. Electronic equipment coverage makes it possible to replace damaged or stolen auto electronics.
- Full glass: Replace damaged auto glass at any point with full glass coverage. This option can be made available to policyholders without the need to pay a deductible.
- Roadside assistance: Jump starts, tire changes, towing and labor can all be covered by car insurance in Greensboro NC. Ask a broker about how to strike a balance between low monthly premiums and out-of-pocket savings.
- Personal umbrella: A personal umbrella policy can increase liability coverage for a policyholder. Ask a VIU by HUB broker about how this coverage can effectively raise liability limits on some other types of insurance policies.
- Uninsured and underinsured: Coverage for collisions involving underinsured or uninsured drivers can also provide greater peace of mind. It may be possible to get payouts faster and resolve situations by adding this benefit to an auto policy.
These are just a few of the leading policy options that are available for car insurance in Greensboro NC. A VIU by HUB broker can help you make sure any auto policy you are considering meets or exceeds state limits for liability coverage and help you obtain policy benefits that match the way you drive.
This information is intended for general informational purposes only and is not intended to constitute legal advice.