Auto Insurance in Winston Salem, NC
Compare, shop and customize quotes from top-rated insurance carriers.
Coverage for Northwest Piedmont Drivers
Drivers residing in Winston-Salem need auto insurance coverage that meets or exceeds North Carolina liability requirements. VIU by HUB insurance brokers connect drivers in the northwestern Piedmont area to insurers licensed to do business in the state. From basic minimum liability coverage to a policy with premium features such as replacement value, electronic equipment and full glass coverage, here are a few things to keep in mind when shopping for car insurance in Winston Salem NC.
North Carolina Auto Insurance
Every vehicle that has a valid North Carolian registration must maintain continuous liability insurance coverage. These policies protect drivers against liability. A VIU by HUB broker can help you find car insurance in Winston Salem NC with liability limits that meet or exceed the following state minimums:
- Bodily injury to one person: North Carolina requires that drivers have at least $30,000 in liability coverage for injuries caused to one person. Many motorists prefer policies with higher limits for liability.
- Bodily injuries to more people: The minimum state limit for liability coverage for injuries caused to two or more people is $60,000. Higher limits are available for more peace of mind in the event of a multi-car collision.
- Damage caused to property: In North Carolina, every driver must have at least $25,000 of coverage for damage caused to property. Liability coverage limits and the way that a policy accounts for the value of a vehicle affect premiums and deductibles.
Policies for the Way You Drive
It is important to factor in the make and model of your vehicle and the way you drive when comparing insurance policies. If you commute within the Piedmont Triad region or to other destinations, you may want higher liability limits and more features. Learn about a few of the most popular policy options available through VIU by HUB brokers:
- Actual cash value: Many car insurance policies only cover the actual cash value of insured vehicles. In the event of a total loss, insurers factor depreciation of the asset into the payout calculation.
- Agreed value coverage: Agreed value coverage covers a vehicle for a set amount. This type of coverage can be helpful for restored classic cars and vehicles with aftermarket upgrades.
- Replacement value coverage: Replacement value coverage provides the full amount needed to replace a totalled vehicle. This type of policy does not account for depreciation.
- Electronic equipment coverage: The electronic equipment installed in a vehicle can add up to hundreds or thousands of dollars. Coverage for damage or loss of these components can reduce out-of-pocket costs when disaster strikes.
- Full glass coverage: Replace a broken or cracked windshield or other damage to auto glass with full auto glass coverage. Look for an option that does not require the policyholder to meet a deductible for service.
- Towing and labor: The costs associated with towing and other types of roadside assistance such as a jump start or tire change can also be recouped through insurance. You can reduce unexpected out-of-pocket expenditures by adding this benefit onto a policy.
A VIU by HUB broker can recommend the best car insurance in Winston Salem NC. Residents of Twin City and Forsyth County should have a sufficient level of coverage to drive with confidence on U.S. 52, North Carolina Highway 8, U.S. 421, and Interstate 74. These policies give drivers more peace of mind when encountering traffic in Winston-Salem.
This information is intended for general informational purposes only and is not intended to constitute legal advice.