Auto Insurance in Grand Prairie, TX
Compare, shop and customize quotes from top-rated insurance carriers.
Achieve Peace of Mind With Car Insurance
Residents of Grand Prairie Texas, (TX) need auto insurance that covers collisions, damage and liability. The Dallas-Fort Worth area is known to have some of the worst traffic in the country. Car insurance in Grand Prairie covers drivers on Interstate 20 and 30 as well as the Belt Line Road and Pioneer Parkway. Learn more about basic requirements and additional auto coverage options for motorists who live in Grand Prairie.
Choose the Right Policy
The state of Texas, TX requires that all drivers maintain car insurance. Car insurance in Grand Prairie should meet or exceed the minimum mandated limits for liability and personal property coverage under a policy. Learn more about the primary types of coverage in car insurance policies, including additional coverage for specific vehicle systems:
- Liability coverage: Drivers in Texas are required to carry 30/60/25 coverage. This coverage includes at least $30,000 of injury coverage per person up to $60,000 per accident.
- Property damage coverage: State law requires that auto insurance policies include at least $25,000 of property damage liability coverage. This coverage helps to pay for repairing damage caused to another vehicle or other property.
- Supplemental coverage: A car insurance policy may include several other types of coverage for electronic equipment in a vehicle or full glass coverage. It is also possible to get increased amounts of liability coverage and modify replacement cost options.
Customize Your Coverage
Opportunities for customizing car insurance in Grand Prairie start with raising liability and property damage limits and extend to replacement costs and additional coverage. Vehicles that are customized or restored may benefit from a VIU by HUB insurance policy with agreed value coverage. Here are several options for coverage that fits any vehicle:
- Additional liability: Extra coverage for liability that exceeds the mandated 30/60/25 coverage can be beneficial for drivers. If you are involved in a multi-car accident or an incident that results in major property damage, extra liability coverage can be beneficial for avoiding major out-of-pocket expenses or legal action.
- Replacement cost options: Car insurance in Grand Prairie, TX should cover the cost of replacing a vehicle that gets totaled in an accident. It may be possible to get agreed value coverage for vehicles that have been restored or significantly upgraded.
- Electronics and glass: Vehicles that contain advanced electronics systems may require additional coverage in case these items get damaged. Full glass coverage can cover the cost of windshield or window repair or replacement and may not have a deductible.
- Towing and labor: You can prevent unexpected expenses by adding towing and labor coverage onto your policy. This coverage offers assurance that most roadside assistance will be covered whenever and wherever you need help.
- Uninsured or underinsured motorists: When you are involved in an accident caused by a driver who is uninsured or underinsured, your policy may need to pay out to replace damaged property. This coverage is helpful in a state where approximately 8.3% of motorists are uninsured as of 2019.
A VIU by HUB insurance broker can help you find the most cost-effective way to get the peace of mind and protection you will need on the road. Car insurance in Grand Prairie, TX should meet all of the mandated state requirements. Your policy can go above and beyond minimum limits to cover unique features of your vehicle or factors that could otherwise result in out-of-pocket costs or increased liability.
This information is intended for general informational purposes only and is not intended to constitute legal advice.
Auto insurance in Texas by city
Understand risks, minimum state coverage requirements, average costs and other specifics that can impact auto insurance policies and premium rates in your city.
- Cedar Park
- College Station
- El Paso
- Flower Mound
- Fort Worth
- New Braunfels
- North Richland Hills
- Round Rock
- San Angelo
- San Antonio
- San Marcos
- Sugar Land
- The Woodlands