Auto Insurance in Mckinney, TX
Compare, shop and customize quotes from top-rated insurance carriers.
Get the Vehicle Coverage You Need
Drivers in McKinney navigate the traffic surrounding the Dallas-Fort Worth metroplex. When you get car insurance in McKinney TX, it is important to factor in the locations where you drive and the unique needs of your vehicle. Learn more about VIU by HUB insurance policies that cover damage and liability along with options for additional coverage. These policies can give you peace of mind when driving on U.S. Highway 75, U.S. 380 and the Sam Rayburn Tollway.
Auto Insurance Coverage In McKinney
McKinney has been one of the fastest growing cities in the state and country since the turn of the century. In recent years, this community has ranked as one of the best places to live. An increasing population leads to more congestion on major roads in Collin County and the 30-mile commute south to Dallas. There are several costs for drivers comparing car insurance in McKinney TX to consider:
- Policy deductibles: A deductible is the money you pay out-of-pocket toward an accident or any other insurance claim. You will pay a deductible for most types of losses filed under an insurance policy.
- Policy premiums: The deductibles for policies affect car insurance premiums. A premium is the amount you pay on a regular basis to retain coverage.
- Liability limits: Texas law requires that drivers have at least $30,000 of liability coverage per person, up to $60,000 per accident. You may want to get additional liability coverage to avoid paying out-of-pocket.
Complete Car Insurance Coverage
Basic car insurance in McKinney TX with 30/60/25 coverage meets state requirements for liability and property damage coverage. More complete coverage may include higher limits for both of these elements or coverage in additional areas. Learn more about the types of coverage VIU by HUB offers that can be combined for more comprehensive car insurance:
- Coverage for damage: One of the primary purposes of car insurance is to cover damage to one or more vehicles in an accident. The state of Texas requires that drivers carry at least $25,000 of coverage for property damage.
- Coverage for liability: Liability coverage is also required by state law, but additional coverage can be helpful in the event of a multi-vehicle accident. This coverage can help to provide protection against legal action.
- Replacement cost coverage: A policy with replacement cost coverage will offset the cost of replacing a vehicle after an accident. It is important to make sure that your policy covers the cost of getting a replacement for a totaled vehicle.
- Agreed value coverage: Policyholders and brokers may want to agree on a set amount of coverage for a vehicle that has been customized or restored. This type of coverage can be helpful if you need to replace an expensive vehicle.
- Supplemental coverage: Additional coverage is available for vehicle systems such as electronic equipment or full glass coverage. It is also possible to get towing and labor coverage to offset the cost of emergency roadside assistance.
A VIU by HUB insurance broker can help you get car insurance in McKinney TX that has adequate policy limits for liability, damage and replacement costs. You can also build a policy that will provide any additional coverage you need with premiums that fit your budget. If your insurance needs change over time, a broker can help you to adjust your policy or obtain coverage for a new car or multiple vehicles.
This information is intended for general informational purposes only and is not intended to constitute legal advice.
Auto insurance in Texas by city
Understand risks, minimum state coverage requirements, average costs and other specifics that can impact auto insurance policies and premium rates in your city.
- Cedar Park
- College Station
- El Paso
- Flower Mound
- Fort Worth
- Grand Prairie
- New Braunfels
- North Richland Hills
- Round Rock
- San Angelo
- San Antonio
- San Marcos
- Sugar Land
- The Woodlands