Auto Insurance in North Richland Hills, TX
Compare, shop and customize quotes from top-rated insurance carriers.
Welcome to North Richland Hills
The Dallas-Fort Worth Metroplex is the largest metropolitan area in the Lone Star State. Made up of four of the state’s largest counties, this region is home to over 7 million people and North Richland Hills sits almost smack dab in the middle. Northeast of Fort Worth, this town has been regarded locally and nationally as one of the best places to live. Approximately 70,000 people lay their heads to rest within the town’s eighteen square miles. Originally conceived as an area for families, North Richland Hills retains this quality while also being a great place for major companies to do business, including Tyson Foods and the state’s largest Ford auto dealership.
One thing you can be sure of is any city in a large metropolitan area in Texas has more than its fair share of drivers. The North Tarrant Express project is a multi-year highway reconstruction project involving Loop 820 and State Highways 121 and 183, conceived to relieve traffic congestion in the vicinity of North Richland Hills. Add in the fact that the second section of the city incorporated in the 1950s was named for automobiles, you might say that North Richland Hills has a special connection to cars and driving. Major traffic and road reconstructions make the need for good auto insurance in North Richland Hills, TX, a priority.
The Need for Auto Insurance
The state of Texas requires motorists to carry a minimum amount of auto liability insurance. First of all, having auto insurance in North Richland Hills, TX, helps protect your pockets if you experience major damage or injury in a collision. Moreover, a lack of insurance can result in serious fines, suspension of your driver’s license and even the impoundment of your car. Imagine having to live and work in North Richland Hills without a car! Most people don’t have hundreds of thousands reserved for vehicle repair or replacement, so auto insurance is not only a must-have but also puts you in control and confidence whenever you’re behind the wheel.
Under the Hood of a Policy
The right policy for auto insurance in North Richland Hills, TX, includes the following coverages:
- Bodily Injury: This liability protection addresses injuries to others involved in a collision. As a resident of North Richland Hills, state rules require you to have at least $30,000 worth of coverage per person, $60,000 per accident and $25,000 for property damage. This is often referred to as the 30/60/25 coverage rule.
- Personal Injury Protection: This benefit pays for medical costs. In most cases, it also covers lost wages, service interruptions and funeral costs. PIP may be noted as medical bills coverage.
- Property Damage: Damages to another vehicle or other objects in a collision such as a building or highway traffic control devices, are addressed with this coverage.
- Collision: Car crashes generally result in damage or destruction of your automobile. Collision coverage pays for repairs or total replacement, if necessary.
- Comprehensive: If your car is stolen, vandalized or damaged by something other than a collision, comprehensive protection covers you.
- Underinsured or uninsured motorist: With over 7 million people living in the region, the chances of being in an accident with someone who has no insurance or not enough insurance go up. This policy feature helps protect your wallet or pocketbook.
Coverage for towing and rental reimbursement are other features to look for when buying auto insurance in North Richland Hills, TX.
This information is intended for general informational purposes only and is not intended to constitute legal advice.
Auto insurance in Texas by city
Understand risks, minimum state coverage requirements, average costs and other specifics that can impact auto insurance policies and premium rates in your city.
- Cedar Park
- College Station
- El Paso
- Flower Mound
- Fort Worth
- Grand Prairie
- New Braunfels
- Round Rock
- San Angelo
- San Antonio
- San Marcos
- Sugar Land
- The Woodlands