Auto Insurance in Mesquite, TX
Compare, shop and customize quotes from top-rated insurance carriers.
The Best Source for Car Insurance in Mesquite TX
Texans know how much driving matters. Trips in Texas can be long, but the destinations are worth it. A quarter of all state residents live in the Dallas/Fort Worth metro area and need to be prepared for whatever challenges the roads may bring. Choosing the best car insurance in Mesquite TX is essential.
Mesquite is one of the most authentically Texan cities, from the historic downtown to its official status as The Rodeo Capital of Texas. The community is authentically Texan in other ways too — a booming economy, a growing young population (making it the fourth most popular relocation destination in the United States for millennials), and three major interstates (I-20, I-30, and I-435). A key part of the local culture centers on cars, making insurance an important consideration.
Basic Information About Car Insurance in Mesquite TX
The only required car insurance in Mesquite and throughout Texas is liability insurance, to cover the costs of any property repairs or medical expenses you cause in an accident that is your fault. The basic coverage required statewide is called 30/60/25. This formula refers to the minimum required liability insurance of:
- $30,000 for each person injured in an accident
- $60,000 for all people total injured in an accident
- $25,000 for property damage in an accident
However, while this is the minimum you need for car insurance in Mesquite TX, the smart decision for most drivers is to purchase additional coverage. In terms of liability insurance, the amounts called for by the 30/60/25 formula may not be enough because of how quickly automobile and medical costs can grow in the case of a serious accident.
Policy Costs for Car Insurance in Mesquite TX
One factor that can influence your policy selection is whether you own your car or are paying installments on financing. Lenders require that you purchase more than basic liability coverage if you are still making payments, either collision insurance or comprehensive insurance that includes collision.
Because of how many variables need to be considered before choosing your insurance, it is critical that you work alongside a trustworthy broker like VIU by HUB. We can help you evaluate what types of coverage and deductibles are the right fit for your circumstances and locate policy discounts. You may be eligible for savings based on a wide range of factors, including your driving record, your credit rating, how often you drive and how far, what kind of car you have, where you park, if you’ve got any anti-theft devices, and if you’ve completed any defensive driving courses.
Types of Car Insurance in Mesquite TX
There are eight categories of coverage you can choose from in Texas:
- Liability: Legally required in Texas to cover the costs to others of accidents you cause, starting with the minimum 30/60/25 amounts
- Collision: Pays for damage to your vehicle
- Comprehensive: In addition to collision coverage, insure you for damage caused by theft, vandalism, fire, and natural disasters like floods (a big concern here in Texas!)
- Uninsured/underinsured motorist: Protects you in case of an accident caused by another driver who doesn’t have enough coverage (or any) to pay for damages
- Medical: Pays for medical treatment needed by you or your passengers
- Personal injury protection: Covers other costs you may incur because of an accident in addition to medical bills, such as lost wages
- Rental reimbursement: Pays for renting a car if yours is out of commission following an accident
- Towing and labor: Covers towing services and other emergency repair needs
This information is intended for general informational purposes only and is not intended to constitute legal advice.
Auto insurance in Texas by city
Understand risks, minimum state coverage requirements, average costs and other specifics that can impact auto insurance policies and premium rates in your city.
- Cedar Park
- College Station
- El Paso
- Flower Mound
- Fort Worth
- Grand Prairie
- New Braunfels
- North Richland Hills
- Round Rock
- San Angelo
- San Antonio
- San Marcos
- Sugar Land
- The Woodlands