Home Insurance in Ardmore, PA
Compare, shop and customize quotes from top-rated insurance carriers.
Find Home Insurance in Ardmore, PA That Meets Your Needs
People who live in Ardmore, Pennsylvania, (PA) enjoy an environment that combines urban amenities with a small-town feel. It is a great place for young professionals to establish roots and purchase a home. “The Main Street of the Main Line” offers residents the liveliness of a bustling business district and diverse housing options. If you are buying a home in this hip and trendy Philadelphia suburb, you want to ensure you have sufficient home insurance to protect your investment and the place you call home.
Risks for Ardmore Homeowners
In this part of the country, people are no strangers to severe weather. From major thunderstorms and hurricanes to nor’easters and blizzards, Mother Nature runs the gambit of extreme conditions. Your house is at risk from these and other threats. When purchasing home insurance in Ardmore, the following factors should be considered:
- Wind damage: Strong winds frequently accompany storm systems in eastern PA. Wind can damage siding and roofs. When it blows hard enough, trees become uprooted and cause significant structural damage if they land on a house.
- Flood damage: Heavy rainfall can inundate an area with more water than the land can absorb, leading to local and regional flooding. Too much water can wreak havoc on a home’s structure and lead to personal possession damage and losses.
- Freezing pipes: The temperatures in Ardmore can plunge well below freezing for extended periods of time. If the water in pipes freezes, it can cause the pipes to burst, resulting in significant damages.
- Fire and smoke damage: Every home is at risk of fire. From electrical hazards to lightning, there are numerous potential sources. A whole house fire results in complete loss, but even a small fire can lead to devastating losses.
- Theft and vandalism: Ardmore is a safe community, so theft and vandalism are uncommon, but they do happen on occasion.
- Earthquakes: Though earthquakes are infrequent in this region, they have occurred, with the most recent in 2017. An earthquake doesn’t have to be large for it to cause structural damage to a home.
There is no legal requirement for you to have home insurance in Ardmore PA, but most mortgage companies make it a mandatory condition of the loan. When you purchase coverage, make sure it protects you from the risks you may encounter in this area.
Common Coverages for Homeowners
Not all policies are the same, and you’ll see variations in what is covered, policy limitations and deductibles. However, most home insurance in Ardmore PA offers some common coverages. Look for a policy that provides for the replacement value of your home when a total loss occurs. It should also offer coverage for displacement living expenses. When your home is damaged from hail, wind, fire, lightning, smoke or theft, your insurance should cover the costs to repair the interior and exterior.
Most policies offer coverage for personal property contained within your home. You should also check for liability coverage, which protects you if an accident on your property leads to injury or personal property damage.
Adequate Coverage for Home Insurance in Ardmore PA
Typical home insurance may not provide coverage for every peril you face. Standard policies do not offer protection for either flood or earthquake damage. If you want this level of coverage, you will likely need to purchase a separate policy.
While home insurance in Ardmore PA does generally provide coverage for personal possession losses, often it isn’t enough to cover everything of value in your house. Your VIU by HUB broker can assist you in procuring adequate coverage tailored to your specific situation and needs.
This information is intended for general informational purposes only and is not intended to constitute legal advice.
Home insurance in Pennsylvania by city
Understand risks, minimum state coverage requirements, average costs and other specifics that can impact home insurance policies and premium rates in your city.
- Allison Park
- Bethel Park
- Blue Bell
- Bryn Mawr
- Drexel Hill
- Fort Washington
- King Of Prussia
- Mount Lebanon
- Newton Square
- Penn Hills
- State College
- Westwood Heights
- Wilkes Barre