Home Insurance in Westwood Heights, PA
Compare, shop and customize quotes from top-rated insurance carriers.
Choosing Your Home Insurance in Westwood Heights, PA
Your home is your oasis. It's where you go to relax, unwind, and rest after a long day at work. It might even be where you perform a lot of your work. It's also where you raise your children, take care of your pets, and enjoy long weekends with friends and family. Naturally, you want to protect your house and the people and possessions inside as much as you can. This is why it is important to find home insurance Westwood Heights, Pennsylvania, (PA) that meets your needs.
Is Home Insurance Required in Pennsylvania?
Home insurance Westwood Heights, PA is not a legal requirement, because the state of Pennsylvania does not make home insurance mandatory the way it does auto coverage. However, that doesn't mean that you can get away without purchasing a homeowner's policy. If you are still paying your mortgage, the lender will likely require you to carry a policy. If you don't purchase it yourself, the lender may add it into your contract at a much higher price. For this reason, it is important to buy your policy after comparing prices yourself.
The Best Types of Home Insurance To Meet Your Needs
Your home insurance Westwood Heights, PA will typically cover several types of situations that could arise. Naturally, the main component is dwelling coverage. This pays for damage that occurs to your home, such as the walls, roofing, or windows. It typically also covers electrical wiring, HVAC machines, and in some cases, plumbing. There are several other components to the policy.
- Loss of Use — Loss of use coverage pays for motels, rentals, or other unexpected costs, such as extra utilities or groceries, related to living off the premises while your home is being repaired or rebuilt.
- Medical Payments —Medical payments do not cover your family but will protect you if someone outside of the household is hurt on your property. It typically also offers coverage for some off-site situations, such as if your dog were to bite someone during a neighborhood walk.
- Other Structures —Other structures are self-explanatory. Your home insurance Westwood Heights will pay for damage done to detached structures on your property, such as sheds, fences, and garages.
- Personal Liability —Personal liability coverage protects you and your family if you are sued for an injury or damage to someone's property.
- Personal Property —Finally, your homeowner's policy will cover reimbursing your personal property up to a certain amount. This includes damage or theft of furniture, clothing, appliances, and more, and even offers protection if your items are stolen while they aren't on your property.
It is important to note that your insurance only covers damage, loss, or injury up to a certain amount. If your home costs more than $750,000 or if you own antiques, fine art, or other high-end property, it is important to purchase a larger policy to ensure your protection. Keep in mind, too, that many policies do not cover flooding, even if it is related to the pipes in your home, earthquake damage, or some other types of disasters. Double-check your coverage and purchase additional policies if necessary.
This information is intended for general informational purposes only and is not intended to constitute legal advice.
Home insurance in Pennsylvania by city
Understand risks, minimum state coverage requirements, average costs and other specifics that can impact home insurance policies and premium rates in your city.
- Allison Park
- Bethel Park
- Blue Bell
- Bryn Mawr
- Drexel Hill
- Fort Washington
- King Of Prussia
- Mount Lebanon
- Newton Square
- Penn Hills
- State College
- Wilkes Barre