Home Insurance in Easton, PA
Compare, shop and customize quotes from top-rated insurance carriers.
Home Insurance Policies In Eastern Pennsylvania
The median home price in Easton is up nearly 19% year over year. Homes in the Lehigh Valley can suffer damage caused by disasters such as fire, severe storms and water leaks. Homeowners insurance in Easton PA can reduce the amount of money a property owner must pay out of pocket to restore or rebuild a damaged residence. Consult with a VIU by HUB insurance broker to find the right policy for your home in the Allentown-Bethlehem-Easton metropolitan area.
The Right Coverage for a Home In Easton
Homes in Easton are among the most valuable in the Lehigh Valley with higher median values than Allentown or Bethlehem. Homeowners can protect their investments in this growing region and preserve the comfort of their residences by maintaining home insurance coverage. It is important to check to confirm which perils are covered or excluded and any relevant policy limits. Homeowners insurance in Easton PA can be used to cover any of the following responses to property damage:
- Cleanup: Cleanup after a covered peril might involve eliminating ash and soot, extracting standing water or locating items that have been scattered by a storm. Cleanup is typically the first step toward restoring or reconstructing a residence.
- Restoration: Restoration may involve treatments for building materials and contents. Depending on the damaged items, restoration may take place on location or at an off-site facility.
- Rebuilding: Rebuilding is the most extensive type of restoration. It may be necessary to rebuild a residence after severe fire or storm damage, and policy limits should factor in reconstruction costs.
Increased Coverage for Peace of Mind
Most insurers classify the same types of damage as covered perils. These are the most common causes of damage to residences. Other types of damage may be cut out or excluded from policies. Find out more about the coverage you can expect with homeowners insurance in Easton PA and additional options to discuss with a VIU by HUB broker:
- Fire damage: Most home insurance policies cover damage caused by accidental fires. This damage may affect limited portions of a home or result in a total loss.
- Water damage: Covered water damage may result from broken or leaking pipes. Insurance may not cover plumbing repair costs unless a policyholder can provide maintenance records that prove that negligence was not a factor.
- Storm damage: Damage caused by storms is one of the most common claim types in Easton and eastern Pennsylvania. Summer thunderstorms and winter weather can both cause damage that costs hundreds or thousands of dollars to fix.
- Flood damage: Most home insurance excludes flooding due to heavy rains and overflowing bodies of surface water. A VIU by HUB broker can help homeowners get flood insurance.
- Sewer damage: Sewer damage is also excluded from many homeowners insurance policies. Additional coverage may also be helpful for decontaminating any part of a home exposed to grossly contaminated water.
Most homeowners insurance policies cover damage to residences caused by fire, water or storms. Water damage is the most ambiguous coverage area because damage caused by roof leaks may be covered, but flooding and sewer damage involving the presence of contaminated water indoors is often excluded from standard policies. Coverage for these perils may be available in the form of additional policies, endorsements or riders.
This information is intended for general informational purposes only and is not intended to constitute legal advice.
Home insurance in Pennsylvania by city
Understand risks, minimum state coverage requirements, average costs and other specifics that can impact home insurance policies and premium rates in your city.
- Allison Park
- Bethel Park
- Blue Bell
- Bryn Mawr
- Drexel Hill
- Fort Washington
- King Of Prussia
- Mount Lebanon
- Newton Square
- Penn Hills
- State College
- Westwood Heights
- Wilkes Barre