Home Insurance in Fort Washington, PA
Compare, shop and customize quotes from top-rated insurance carriers.
Get the Best Home Insurance in Fort Washington PA
Fort Washington is a quiet suburban community, located within easy reach of Pennsylvania and not too far from New York City. It is an ideal place to purchase a home for those who desire the peace of living in a small town, with the advantages of a big city nearby. The median housing price is significantly above the average for the state. Whether you’re buying a historical Victorian home in Elliger Park or a large estate on a 10-acre piece of land, you want to protect your investment with the best home insurance in Fort Washington PA.
What Risks Do You Face in Fort Washington?
This region of the country has a humid continental climate, with hot, moist summers and cold winters. Natural disasters in the form of hurricanes and winter/summer storms are not uncommon. The weather presents one kind of risk in the area, but there are others, too. Homes in the area face threats from:
- Flooding: Weather events such as hurricanes can lead to regional flooding, and heavy rainfall can lead to localized flooding. When areas are inundated with rain, it can cause significant structural damage.
- Strong winds: Strong winds often accompany thunderstorms and blizzards and may lead to exterior damage to your house.
- Freezing temperatures: Cold winter temperatures can cause freezing pipes. Pipes that burst may damage both the structure of your home and your personal possessions.
- Fire: House fires are devastating events that have multiple potential causes. The fire itself, smoke and the water used to put it out all lead to significant structural damage and personal possession losses.
- Theft and vandalism: Though property crime is rare in Fort Washington, it can happen.
- Earthquakes: Earthquakes seldom occur in this area, but when they do, even a small tremor can lead to structural damage.
Though the law doesn’t require you to carry coverage, your mortgage company most likely does. Make sure you have home insurance in Fort Washington, PA that covers you for the risks you face in this region.
What Does Home Insurance in Fort Washington, PA Cover?
Though there can be variations in coverage between providers and policies, homeowner’s insurance typically provides standard protections. Your policy should offer coverage for damage to the interior and exterior of your home due to fire, smoke, lightning, wind, hail, and theft. It should also cover you for the home’s replacement value if you experience a complete loss, as well as displacement living expenses.
Your insurance will generally cover personal possession losses. A good policy also provides for liability coverage for injuries and third-party property damage that occur on your property.
Do You Have Adequate Coverage?
Many people who purchase a comprehensive insurance policy are surprised to hear that it does not offer protection for every peril they may experience, nor does it necessarily provide sufficient coverage for the value of their home and possessions. VIU by HUB brokers can help you find Fort Washington home insurance that meets your needs at affordable prices.
Though floods and earthquakes are threats in this area, neither of these perils is usually included in a comprehensive home insurance Fort Washington, PA policy. To get protection for either of these, you would need to purchase named peril insurance.
Standard insurance typically provides coverage for personal possessions that is equal to between 20% and 50% of the coverage limits of your house. If this is not sufficient to replace everything of value, we can help you determine how much more coverage you need.
This information is intended for general informational purposes only and is not intended to constitute legal advice.
Home insurance in Pennsylvania by city
Understand risks, minimum state coverage requirements, average costs and other specifics that can impact home insurance policies and premium rates in your city.
- Allison Park
- Bethel Park
- Blue Bell
- Bryn Mawr
- Drexel Hill
- King Of Prussia
- Mount Lebanon
- Newton Square
- Penn Hills
- State College
- Westwood Heights
- Wilkes Barre