Home Insurance in Bethlehem, PA
Compare, shop and customize quotes from top-rated insurance carriers.
Insurance for Lehigh Valley Homes
Home values in the Allentown-Bethlehem-Easton metropolitan area are up year over year, making it an ideal time to protect your property in the Lehigh Valley. The best homeowners insurance in Bethlehem, Pennslyvania, (PA) covers property damage risks such as fire, storms and water damage. A VIU by HUB broker can help property owners customize policies that provide more complete protection. From spring and fall winds to winter snow, a homeowners policy covers the cost of restoring property damage.
Protect a House in Bethlehem
The median value of homes for sale in Bethlehem, PA is up over 16% this year, keeping pace with increasing property values across the Lehigh Valley. Homes located in Northampton and Lehigh counties are at risk of suffering damage that is caused by perils that homeowners insurance covers. Here are several potentially costly causes of damage covered by homeowners insurance in Bethlehem:
- Fire: Property damage that is caused by open flames and high temperatures can cost anywhere from several hundred to tens of thousands of dollars to fix depending on how much of a home is affected. Home insurance covers accidental fires.
- Water: Water damage can also result in thousands of dollars of damage. Home insurance policies may cover damage that is caused by broken or leaking pipes, but most insurers exclude flood and sewer damage.
- Storms: Storm damage is a common reason for claims against homeowners insurance in Bethlehem. From summer thunderstorms to winter snow, there are many reasons why a home can suffer damage that requires restoration or rebuilding of the interior or exterior.
How Home Insurance Helps
Homeowners insurance is helpful because policyholders can make claims to reduce out-of-pocket costs for repairing damage. Damage from any of the common causes listed above can range from thousands to tens of thousands of dollars, particularly if substantial reconstruction needs to take place. A VIU by HUB insurance broker can help you assess coverage and limits to select the best homeowners insurance in Bethlehem, PA. When you have coverage, you can take the following steps when disaster strikes:
- Provide proof of damage: Submitting evidence of property damage is necessary to make a claim. Photographs and videos can be used for this purpose, and adjusters also perform on-site inspections during the claim settlement process.
- Make an insurance claim: A policyholder can contact an insurance agent to make a claim. It is necessary to submit documentation and evidence in order for the claim process to proceed toward settlement.
- Schedule restoration and rebuilding: Insurers may recommend services that provide cleanup, restoration and reconstruction. Policyholders can also submit estimates for the cost of services to find out whether these costs will be covered.
- Reduce out-of-pocket costs: A successful claim may cover all or a substantial part of the expenses of repairing damage to a home in Bethlehem. Homeowners should carefully review the terms and limits of homeowners insurance policies.
The ability to make claims helps property owners manage financial risks. Without home insurance, a homeowner would have to pay for the entirety of cleanup and restoration costs. Failure to do so or reliance on a service that does an incomplete job can lead to secondary damage, such as mold, which is excluded from most home insurance policies. For this reason, it is practical for homeowners to maintain home insurance and consider additional coverage for excluded perils.
This information is intended for general informational purposes only and is not intended to constitute legal advice.
Home insurance in Pennsylvania by city
Understand risks, minimum state coverage requirements, average costs and other specifics that can impact home insurance policies and premium rates in your city.
- Allison Park
- Bethel Park
- Blue Bell
- Bryn Mawr
- Drexel Hill
- Fort Washington
- King Of Prussia
- Mount Lebanon
- Newton Square
- Penn Hills
- State College
- Westwood Heights
- Wilkes Barre