Home Insurance in Arlington, TX
Compare, shop and customize quotes from top-rated insurance carriers.
Home Insurance in Arlington TX
Located in Tarrant County, Arlington is part of the Dallas-Fort Worth metropolitan area. Arlington is ranked 35th in the country for the fastest-growing U.S. cities, and the city has several insurance companies competing for your business in a crowded market. Searching for reliable and affordable home insurance in Arlington TX can be a daunting experience, but at VIU by HUB, we can guide you through the dizzying process until you’ve found a carrier you trust.
Whether you’re leaving your home to catch the Texas Rangers or piling in the van for a trip to Six Flags, your home insurance should safeguard your investment at all times. Although homeowner's insurance is not required by law, it protects your property from theft, natural disasters and vandalism as well as financial liability.
The weather is unpredictable in Arlington, and you have to be on the lookout for fierce storms producing tornadoes. If your home is located in the Tornado Alley zone of Arlington, you can expect to pay higher insurance rates than other areas of the city. Arlington’s annual rainfall rate is slightly higher than the national average, but the city sometimes endures long periods of drought, making the area more vulnerable to extreme weather. Windstorm and flash flood damage is not uncommon in Arlington, and you need a homeowner’s policy that takes the city’s volatile climate into consideration.
Ways To Lower Your Home Insurance Rates
With so many insurance carriers advertising their services in Arlington, it’s vital to examine each company’s coverage closely to ensure it offers the protection you need. Texans pay more than the national average for home insurance in Arlington TX, but you can lower your rates or receive discounts by implementing these changes:
- Bundling your policies: When you bundle your home insurance policy with your auto or life insurance carrier, you can pay lower rates on home insurance in Arlington Texas.
- Improving security: Making security improvements like installing a home security system or repairing vulnerable sections of your home can lower your rates.
- Membership discounts: Some carriers offer discounts to alumni of specific universities, nonsmokers or widows or widowers.
- Weatherproofing improvements: If you make structural improvements to your home that protect against natural disasters, you can pay less on your premium.
Types of Home Insurance in Arlington TX
Lowering your monthly expenses is a primary concern of every homeowner, but be careful not to make quick decisions when you’re faced with a large field of insurance carriers. Finding a low-priced policy isn’t difficult, but some companies offer small premiums with only limited coverage.
Our VIU by HUB agents can help you examine all the home insurance in Arlington TX and determine which type of policy fits your unique needs and situation. The four primary types of homeowner's insurance are:
- Basic: Also called a Named Perils policy, basic coverage only covers your personal property and home from damages by specific perils noted in the policy.
- No Frills: The least expensive policy may save you money, but it offers less coverage than other types. Mortgage companies often discourage clients from choosing no-frills plans, and some refuse to provide mortgages for customers unless they at least have basic coverage.
- Comprehensive: Although comprehensive costs more than other policies, it provides significant coverage for most perils and losses. However, comprehensive policies do not include coverage for flooding. Other exclusions to coverage should be noted in the policy and reiterated by the insurer.
- Broad: A broad policy for home insurance in Arlington TX is a combination of basic and comprehensive coverage. Your home’s structure is covered, but specific perils must be named to protect personal property.
With a skilled VIU by HUB agent at your side, the complex world of home insurance can be less intimidating. Let us cut through the confusion so you can enjoy Arlington and know that your property and belongings are fully protected.
This information is intended for general informational purposes only and is not intended to constitute legal advice.
Home insurance in Texas by city
Understand risks, minimum state coverage requirements, average costs and other specifics that can impact home insurance policies and premium rates in your city.
- Cedar Park
- College Station
- El Paso
- Flower Mound
- Fort Worth
- Grand Prairie
- New Braunfels
- North Richland Hills
- Round Rock
- San Angelo
- San Antonio
- San Marcos
- Sugar Land
- The Woodlands
- Wichita Falls