Home Insurance in Pasadena, TX
Compare, shop and customize quotes from top-rated insurance carriers.
Get Peace of Mind In Pasadena
Homeowners insurance in Pasadena TX reduces out-of-pocket expenses to repair property damage caused by severe weather on Galveston Bay and other covered hazards. A VIU by HUB broker can help you get the coverage you need by factoring in the location of your residence in relation to flood plains and other important considerations. Build a policy that provides the protection you need to maintain the comfort and property value of your home in Pasadena.
What Home Insurance Covers
Many types of damage that fire, water or storms can cause to the exterior or interior of a home are covered by homeowners insurance in Pasadena TX. In general, these policies cover most accidental damage. Flooding is excluded from most home insurance policies, but flood insurance is available as supplemental coverage. Here are a few incidents in which a policyholder could make a homeowners insurance claim:
- Broken pipe: A pipe break can introduce hundreds of gallons of water into a residence in a short period of time when occupants are at home or away. Home insurance can cover the cost of restoring damage caused by plumbing problems.
- House fire: A house fire may result in partial or total loss at a Pasadena residence. Insurance coverage applies to most accidental fires, including kitchen fires, and can cover restoration and rebuilding costs.
- Storm damage: Severe weather is a common cause of property damage in Pasadena due to the location of this city on the Gulf Coast. A policyholder can make a homeowners insurance claim for exterior or interior damage caused by storms.
Additional Types of Coverage
In addition to homeowners insurance in Pasadena TX, Houston metro residents may also want to carry more coverage. From home protection that extends to flooding or sewer damage to policies that provide peace of mind out on the road and anywhere you go, here are a few supplemental coverage options to discuss with a VIU by HUB broker:
- Flood insurance: Severe coastal weather and heavy rains are both causes of flooding in Pasadena. Property damage caused by these hazards is excluded from most home insurance policies and an additional flood policy is necessary for claims to be covered.
- Liability coverage: Home insurance includes a limited amount of liability coverage. A personal umbrella policy extends the reach of this policy and raises the limit.
- Auto insurance: Texas law requires that every driver have 30/60/25 auto insurance coverage. This means a minimum of $30,000 injury coverage per person up to $60,000 per accident along with at least $25,000 of coverage for property damage.
- Valuables insurance: Fine art, jewelry and other high-dollar or rare items can be insured separately. Most home insurance policies have relatively low limits for replacing possessions.
These are some of the most popular policies in addition to homeowners insurance in Pasadena TX. A resident of the Houston-The Woodlands-Sugar Land metro area might reasonably need all of these policies based on their lifestyle and the location of their home. To select the best home insurance policy and any endorsements, riders or additional policies you need for complete protection, you should consider known risks and which valuables you want to protect. A VIU by HUB broker can help you get the level of coverage you need with premiums and deductibles you can afford.
This information is intended for general informational purposes only and is not intended to constitute legal advice.
Home insurance in Texas by city
Understand risks, minimum state coverage requirements, average costs and other specifics that can impact home insurance policies and premium rates in your city.
- Cedar Park
- College Station
- El Paso
- Flower Mound
- Fort Worth
- Grand Prairie
- New Braunfels
- North Richland Hills
- Round Rock
- San Angelo
- San Antonio
- San Marcos
- Sugar Land
- The Woodlands
- Wichita Falls